Paint chipping off?

jmpatrick

Inspired
Has anyone else had this happen? The paint on the faceplate of my Ultra started chipping as soon as I received it. The "Value" lettering is now almost completely gone. You can see the paint specks around the dial and on the display.

chipped_paint.jpg

Looks like your screen protector is leeching the paint off. :D You can call it relic'ed and increase the value.

Sup? :mrgreen:

Yep,,The silk screen just flakes off. I've only had mine a couple of months now and the "N" in the "NAV" is all but gone :cry:

MOSHON
DAVE

That's strange....had mine since March 2008 and the front panel still looks like new. I haven't gigged it much, but I do most of my editing on the Axe-Fx itself and therefore use the knob plenty. In all seriousness, do you drag your fingernails along that part? Regardless, I'd contact support and see what they can do.

Good luck.

Yah, I've had my standard since July 2007, edit with the front panel controls, and it still looks brand new. Even still has the freaking film cover on the LCD! :eek:

Hey all, new to the forum. Getting ready to pull the trigger on the Ultra. I am hoping that it won't have this issue or the faceplate discoloration problem in another thread. Cliff, has this all been ironed out?

Cheers,

JR

Yeah, my one that I ordered last week is now on the way to Hong Kong... hope I don't need to send it back to the US if it gets this problem.

Cheers

mitch said:
That's strange....had mine since March 2008 and the front panel still looks like new. I haven't gigged it much, but I do most of my editing on the Axe-Fx itself and therefore use the knob plenty. In all seriousness, do you drag your fingernails along that part? Regardless, I'd contact support and see what they can do.

Good luck.

Sup?:)

For me, I mostly push the buttons with my knuckle cause I'm usually still holding my pick while I'm tweaking parameters., and spin the knob with my middle finger, and i never thought my knuckle was that abrasive :lol:

Who knows, maybe a batch went out from paint that didn't have enough hardener, or was the last of a batch or first of a new batch of paint, or a different formula altogether ,,hell, could have been "Monday" paint too :roll: :lol:

I ordered min on may 24th,, Those who have paint flaking,, when did you get yours? If they are all relatively newer,,maybe something got changed on the painters end...

Ehh.....Still sounds GREAT though :mrgreen:

MOSHON
DAVE

Hi all,

I am in the same situation here fox. I have received my Ultra in May 2008. Well, I have asked the Fractal Support for replacement.

Thanks,

Marius

My Ultra is from May 2008, first batch of the outsourced Axe-FXs, faceplate is perfect still. Just a couple of the balls in the fractal logo aren't entirely round, but that's been there from the beginning.

If that was Fender' they would put the price up by 1/3rd and call it relic'd :lol: Just look at the Rory gallagher strat, who in their right mind pay's to have a new-damaged guitar :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

angello120 said:
If that was Fender' they would put the price up by 1/3rd and call it relic'd :lol: Just look at the Rory gallagher strat, who in their right mind pay's to have a new-damaged guitar :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Man, talk about thread drift. And have you ever played a Rory Strat? I bought one used, and it is the best Strat I have ever played. Period. You know why Fender sells Relics like hotcakes? Because there are a bunch of people buying them.

Back
Top Bottom