Ownhammer V3 Sun cab demo! Stratocaster rock!

Guitarjon

Fractal Fanatic
The new Ownhammer V3 Sun cab came out yesterday with some great speaker choices!
I made a demo:

For the main guitars I used my Strat, Axe FX and a Sun V30 mix.
For the double/thickener guitars I used my EMG loaded Tele with a EDVH speaker in the Sun cab.
The lead parts were also done with the Tele but this time with the Sun speaker in the Sun cab!

I think it sounds really good!

Great song!! So this have.. dualtracking (L/R) guitar at the beguining (with V30 speakers),
then 4 guitar (L/R) quadtracking (2 of them with EDVH speaker) and bass,
and finally quadtracking plus, solo guitar in the center (with Sun speaker)?

Great song!! So this have.. dualtracking (L/R) guitar at the beguining (with V30 speakers),
then 4 guitar (L/R) quadtracking (2 of them with EDVH speaker) and bass,
and finally quadtracking plus, solo guitar in the center (with Sun speaker)?

Thanks!
Correct except the solo guitar is also 2 guitars panned 85 left and right!

Sounds great, Guitarjon! What tweaks are you making in the Cab block, eg room, hi/lo frequency, etc? Also, which amps are you using? Thanks!

Sounds great, Guitarjon! What tweaks are you making in the Cab block, eg room, hi/lo frequency, etc? Also, which amps are you using? Thanks!

Thanks man!
I don't do a lot of tweaks in the Cab block but I always do a HPF and LPF to remove excessive high and lowend.
I always add about 25% room.
I also lowered the Low resonance a bit in the Speaker tab.
The Mic pre is mostly on modern (high quality).
I do some EQing in Cubase to make the guitars fit the mix though with Slate Digital's VRM (Neve and SSL EQ).
For these guitars I used all 3 Recto moderns I think....

Last edited:
that sounded great ! wasn't even that interested in trying the Sunn as I've never played one in real life and don't even know for what type of tones they'd work. definitely have to check it out now !

Nice man, heard this on gearslutz. Cant wait to see what SSD5 brings to the table, throw that in with the blackbird pack and FW18, happy days :)

Back
Top Bottom