OwnHammer V3 Mix Libraries Now Available!

Thanks Kevin! Tried the technique with the Alnico Blue, EV-L and the Fane in the Bogner and that's sounding really good to me. Alnico Blue Raw Modern 03 at 0db, EV-L 421 05 at -6db and Fane 414 at -9db...I also tried blending in the Bogner H-PR-55 Mix IR and that sounded great too. Any tips for blending 4 IRs together? I think those 4 are my favorite so far. Alnico Blue, EV-L, Fane and H-PR-55 in the Bogner. Would love to hear how you might go about blending those 4. Is the Alnico Silver coming soon? I'd also like to try that in the Bogner.

Will try it out with the Marshall TV suggestions too though I'm not sure I like the PR20-75 as much as the Alnico style for my sound.

Also, on FW 18 so I will try it out without any filtering and see if I'm noticing any sizzle in the mix I need to dial out.

Last edited:
i tried the Alnico Blue/EV mix instead of my fav Alnico Silver 1x12 vintage and it just didn't quite work for me. Was a bit too stiff and strident in the highs for me. Not to say it couldn't be tweaked, just saying that Silver in the 1x12 is still the bar for me when it comes to those tones.

i tried the Alnico Blue/EV mix instead of my fav Alnico Silver 1x12 vintage and it just didn't quite work for me. Was a bit too stiff and strident in the highs for me. Not to say it couldn't be tweaked, just saying that Silver in the 1x12 is still the bar for me when it comes to those tones.

Just compared the Alnico Silver 1x12 to the Blue/EV Mix and I do prefer the Silver 1x12 with the Deluxe Reverb/Tweed Deluxe. Wow that one sounds amazing. Can't wait for a V3 version of that one in 1x12 and 4x12!

Just compared the Alnico Silver 1x12 to the Blue/EV Mix and I do prefer the Silver 1x12 with the Deluxe Reverb/Tweed Deluxe. Wow that one sounds amazing. Can't wait for a V3 version of that one in 1x12 and 4x12!

yeah, it's my fav ir for anything clean/low gain. haven't found anything close. definitely looking forward to a v3 version.

Silver in the 1x12 is still the bar for me when it comes to those tones.

That is a great IR- I tend to use that one, the Tom's L & R combined IR (I think that came in one of the previous cab packs), and one or two others I'm forgetting for some of my presets that use VOX-type amp models. Looking forward to Kevin adding that 1x12 Silver to the V3 libraries.

yeah, it's my fav ir for anything clean/low gain. haven't found anything close. definitely looking forward to a v3 version.

jlynnb1, what do you like for medium/higher gain? the silver seems to also sound good when pushed over the edge with boosters, overdrives and fuzzes using a tweed deluxe/deluxe reverb...so not just low gain/verge of break up, but also higher pedal style gain

jlynnb1, what do you like for medium/higher gain? the silver seems to also sound good when pushed over the edge with boosters, overdrives and fuzzes using a tweed deluxe/deluxe reverb...so not just low gain/verge of break up, but also higher pedal style gain

yeah, i use it with the DC30 for everything from modern country to rock, etc. i have the esoteric and bb in front, so i can cover most everything. i switch to a more Marshall'ish tone/amp/ir for somethings but I can cover 80% of what I need.

Oddly enough, I sampled the Alnico Silver yesterday in the 4x12 Bogner cab. Guitar is a custom 7 string, solid piece of figured mahogany (weighs a ton), with a split coil Bareknuckle Cold Sweat in the neck. Strings are like 4-5 years old and do that warble thing on the high strings, so, sorry for the crap demo but it's all I have time for right now. :)

Studio Mix 112-DLX ALN-SLV SS SP:

V3 Mix 412-BOG-ST ALN-SLV Raw Vintage 09:

V3 Mix 412-BOG-ST ALN-BLU Raw Vintage 09:

The ALN-SLV will go up on the site with 3 other speakers in the 412-GTR BOG-ST cab in a few hours.

As aforementioned, the ALN-SLV, EV-S, GOV, and J-SB-75 are now in the 412-GTR BOG-ST V3 Mix section.

Will hop on here after I get the kiddos to bed to answer questions and go catch up on some emails. :)

that speaker has so much attitude. just this raw, in your face, splatty (can't think of a better fake word) that just works so good for my type of tones. LOVE IT

Kevin,

Any chance of selling just the single "mix" file for all possible cabinet/speakers as one complete "mix" pack?
This would be beneficial for those who don't have the need for the individual mics and/or to get a preview of how the speaker sounds in each cab before potentially purchasing the complete respective speaker/cabinet pack.

Thanks,

Dave Z

Sorry Kevin, here is another question: I've just read this in CK's Cab Pack 8 thread

"RAW = not minimum phase transformed = retains phase information = has a more authentic attack but is not time aligned with other IRs so you will have phase issues when blending them with other IRs"

Does that mean, as I'm mainly use the RAW files - I should only use one cab mix and not blending them with another RAW-mix of the V3-MIXES because of phase issues? Or should I use therefore 2 different cab blocks?

I don't coordinate or work with CK/FAS, and I released the V3 Mix libraries prior to this feature add in CP8 being publicly available, so my implementation of natural time of flight will invariably be different. My Raw IR's may or may not be perfectly in phase in non-MPT'd form, but likely be relatively close to each other across the board so drastic swings of adjustments shouldn't be necessary. Additionally, in my version of this, the Raw Mixes are in reference to the fact that the files were in "raw" relationship when they were mixed prior to their final form (insert meme here). To this end, most all of the files in the Axe-Fx-II\Ultra-Res directory are "raw".

"As mentioned in follow up posts, I just want to clarify that the files in the Axe-Fx-II\Ultra-Res directory are not MPT'd, but the ones in the Wav directory are. I may, not sure, down the road add an update to have another folder in the Wav section with non-MPT'd IR's as well. I would need to rewrite and re-run my build scripts, and could dedicate a week to doing that once I have it to spare."

Non-MPT'd IRs in the wav section would be VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!!!! That would be ideal. I can't go back to MPT'd IRs anymore haha. But I think the non-MPT'd wavs would be incredibly useful. I hope this happens!
What would be the difference between the non-MPT'd wavs in the Ultra-res directory vs the 48K mono Wavs directory? Just curious.

Thank you, Kevin!

Not sure if this was in reference to the files as they are now or the future possibility of adding non-MPT'd files to the directories?

Thanks Kevin! Tried the technique with the Alnico Blue, EV-L and the Fane in the Bogner and that's sounding really good to me. Alnico Blue Raw Modern 03 at 0db, EV-L 421 05 at -6db and Fane 414 at -9db...I also tried blending in the Bogner H-PR-55 Mix IR and that sounded great too. Any tips for blending 4 IRs together? I think those 4 are my favorite so far. Alnico Blue, EV-L, Fane and H-PR-55 in the Bogner. Would love to hear how you might go about blending those 4. Is the Alnico Silver coming soon? I'd also like to try that in the Bogner.

Will try it out with the Marshall TV suggestions too though I'm not sure I like the PR20-75 as much as the Alnico style for my sound.

Also, on FW 18 so I will try it out without any filtering and see if I'm noticing any sizzle in the mix I need to dial out.

I usually stick to that 3 file format, but, I'm just one person with my own preferences. Just gotta try things and figure out if you like them and what works best for your needs. :) That said, I really like the "big picture" of what all four mics on the cab does, as they all are in different parts of the speaker (and underneath, sections of the cab) and really combine to form a whole sonic image. The levels vary in what is best (i.e. not all at the same volume), but I really like what the "Mix" file does in terms of the depth of the sound, and when mixing speakers stick to that same formula for that specific reason.

Kevin,

Any chance of selling just the single "mix" file for all possible cabinet/speakers as one complete "mix" pack?
This would be beneficial for those who don't have the need for the individual mics and/or to get a preview of how the speaker sounds in each cab before potentially purchasing the complete respective speaker/cabinet pack.

Thanks,

Dave Z

For all cabs and speakers? No, as to a larger degree it would be years before I could even start on that, and to a lesser degree from a business model perspective I would likely be cutting off my nose to spite my face unless I had a companion element (like a hardware loading device or commercial software plugin) to coincide with the libraries.

For all speakers in a single cab? Yes, I've been slowly piecing this together over the last week, oddly enough!

That said, these will not materialize until each cab has reached it's final (or at least, of what I currently own) speaker count with the individual speaker libraries. I can't go into further detail right now on feature set or price point, but there will be "Multi-Speaker Mix Collection" libraries with limited file amounts for each speaker, sold at the cabinet level. Since I'll likely be hitting my 60+ mark with the Bogner cab first, that one should be the first to get it. I am, however, in no rush to accomplish this compared to filling up the various cabs with individual speaker libraries, and I will be adding Nebula to the fold for this which will also DRASTICALLY increase the time it takes to make the libraries, which DRASTICALLY decreases my motivation for doing it. :lol The idea I have going with this, however, is WAY too good (for me, and people who like the "Mix" file, which I rarely deviate from in my personal use of these libraries) to not include that platform/format, of which I have also not developed for in a long time and need to devote some effort to.

So to summarize, yes, but it's going to be a while, I won't be giving them away like I am with the individual speaker libraries, and each one will be in long intervals between release and only after all individual speaker libraries have been populated for a given cab.

Last edited:
Today I tried the Bogner with ALN SLV and with the Lynchback - for my taste I prefere the ALN Blue for class A amps - but the Lynchback speakers in the Bogner cab - holy smoke what a smooth creamy sound. You pair it with any other spaeker cabs and it sounds great....:eagerness:

Hey Kevin! I'm a big fan of your previous work and I'll definitely be getting a full compliment of the new v3 IRs!

I was wondering if these IRs are shot using the new technique which allows you to compensate for the amplifier driving the impulse?

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but this thread has over 300 posts in it!

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom