OWNHAMMER Multi-Mic Collections

Detch

Inspired
Am I missing something, why still no info about this amazing new release!? :)
Multi-Mic Collections

Here's what Kevin say:

Now available from OwnHammer.com is the first entry in the Multi-Mic
Collection series of guitar speaker cabinet impulse response
libraries, the 412-GTR MES-ST V30-EN-08.

412-GTR MES-ST V30-EN-08 Multi-Mic Collection - $19.00 : OwnHammer.com - Store

Contrary to the large scale of macro options provided by the
Multi-Speaker Collection libraries, the Multi-Mic Collections put a
studio arsenal at your fingertips with a plethora of mics, mic
positions, and capture types for the best, most popular, and commonly
used cabinets and speakers. With massive amounts of these
micro-options and a sizable contribution of ready made mixes from
OwnHammer and others in the music and audio industry, the MMC
libraries are extremely thorough and versatile, offering up something
for beginners and experts alike.

I wouldn't be me if I didn't have something new to bring to the table
besides just more mics and options on a library I've already sampled
in some fashion, and this one is no different. Numerous improvements
were made in the sampling process that result in much more even and
detailed captures, with a much clearer midrange and smoother top end
that sits fantastically in the mix, and also has no personal taste
imposed or coloration from technical elements of the sampling process
(both parts of the recent improvements and enhancements). What you get
is a wonderfully captured and completely accurate representation of
the source for you to mold as you see fit.

The first library is the mighty Mesa Standard (oversized) 4x12 with
the 70 watt English made for Mesa Vintage 30's, "V30-EN-08" for those
familiar with the OwnHammer speaker legend. The library can be found
here:

An audio clip from one of the members of the beta group and a
contributer to the "Artist-Mixes" IR's can be found here:

Mics_MMC_600.jpg

In my personal opinion this is another Must Have release. Something we haven't seen for a long time. Plenty of mics and one cab. SWEET!
I have just been dreaming about this kind of collection.
I'm was mixing the track and now I feel like I need to remix it with this IR's :)

Thank you once again Kevin.

These are SICK!!! It's like having an entire studio full of mics + one of the best cabs and speakers for recording guitar EVAR IMO. So you can play and experiment and make your own tones OR just go with the mixes which are AWESOME right off the bat. So awesome to see Kevin still experimenting and pushing the envelope with IR tech.

I really like the way Kevin is going with that library. it's really like being in the studio with the sweetest mics available and someone putting it in the perfect spots for you. every mic I ever wanted is included here (vintage SM57s, Heil PR20/30 etc. etc. and even a TC30 for that "null mic" vibe). highly recommended !

More Ir's , the last were supposed to be the greatest, cab packs supp. to be the greatest, ...

Here is my test clip.
as I said, now i feel like I want to remix entire EP for this band, using MMC ir's
FW19
mix of SM7B-00, SM45-00 and C414-00 files

Dude, that sounds like a recording with real cabs. I can feel the cabinets resonating with the chuggs. Excellent. Superb. Great music too.

Edit: Might I inquire what amp(s) models you were using on this?

Last edited:
Wow! What mix levels have you got them set and what amp is it?
This is Friedman HBE,
here is mix recepie
1RKbhWL.png

and I did a little cut at 400hz with

Dude, that sounds like a recording with real cabs. I can feel the cabinets resonating with the chuggs. Excellent. Superb. Great music too.
Thanx man, I was amazed too. And now I hate Kevin, cause after I showed this guitars to that band, they want me to remix the whole EP :)

do you guys find you HAVE to mix IRs in cab lab, or can you use a single IR in a mono cab block with success?

Single IR's work great too. But I have cablab.. and plenty of mic IRs why not to mix! :))
All single SM57 irs and KM84 are very good in high gain tones.
It's not like Redwirez, where you have lots of mics, lots of positions, but only few are usable, and you have to mix if you want to get some great results.

no. I use a lot of single IRs. don't forget that every time you add something, you also take something away. the more you mix in doesn't really mean the more you get out...

+1 mixing usually makes things louder too (depending how you are doing it) which is always deceiving. For my own sanity I always record and level match clips to compare. Mixes don't always win, depends on the song etc. etc. etc.

This is Friedman HBE,
here is mix recepie
1RKbhWL.png

and I did a little cut at 400hz with

Thanx man, I was amazed too. And now I hate Kevin, cause after I showed this guitars to that band, they want me to remix the whole EP :)

Thanks Detch, I appreciate it!

Sounds great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Single IR's work great too. But I have cablab.. and plenty of mic IRs why not to mix! :))
All single SM57 irs and KM84 are very good in high gain tones.
It's not like Redwirez, where you have lots of mics, lots of positions, but only few are usable, and you have to mix if you want to get some great results.

After going through this pack, there are simply LOADS of great IRs. The low frequency balance is very good and the samples seem to resonate properly... No nasally top end or honky midrange, just lots of natural sounding detail. None of it sounds remotely comb-filtery or synthetic.

Contrast that with me previously being happy with only one or two IRs from each IR pack I've ever bought...

Great Job, Kevin! Whatever you did to improve the capture, I hope you do it again with all those mics on the Marshall checkerboard cab loaded with v30en...

Best IRs I've ever used by a very long way.

[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope you do it again with all those mics on the Marshall checkerboard cab loaded with v30en...
I've had the pleasure to beta test some very early IRs from that exact cab (not a V30 though), done for the same series of libraries (hopefully to be released at some point) and it's immediately become one of my go to IRs...

These are freaking outstanding. Salute to Kevin for his never ending quest to offer more to the IR world (and us Axe-FX owners) because his work has improved the level of experience for owning and running IR capable gear. Disclaimer: if you look in the "artist mixes" you'll see my versions of his IR's and yes, I do use those primarily both myself and for artists I work with. It is important to also note: I do not work for OwnHammer nor do I receive any remuneration from them.

Back
Top Bottom