Ownhammer conversion to Ultra Res issue

spandol

Hi Guys,
I'm a new user of CabLab and I was trying to convert the .wav files by Ownhammer to the Ultra-Res format. When I select the tool to convert it, everything is greyed out. What am I doing wrong? I select the Ultra Res folder in the AxFX II folder, then the V3-Mics folder. I assumed this is how I was going to convert the wav file to the sysex format. Not sure what I am missing.

Thanks for your help,
Steve

$5 says that you didn't select the format in the dropdown box right smack in the middle of the dialog box.

How would I know this?

Because I did the same damn thing the first time I used it. :)

$5 says that you didn't select the format in the dropdown box right smack in the middle of the dialog box.

How would I know this?

Because I did the same damn thing the first time I used it. :)

Hi Shasha,
You mean when you have to select "standard" or "UltraRes" in the conversion box? I actually tried both but the .wav files are greyed out on both.

I'm going to the "AxeFX II" folder then in that I go to the "Ultra Res" folder. Is that not the correct file I need to use? I have an AxeFX II by the way.

Thanks!

This is how I do it.

CabLab3-conversion_zpsmi0ixqyq.gif

Shasha, that was perfect! Now I see the problem. I guess you can't covert individual wav files. I did it the way you did and it converted the whole folder no problem.

Thanks for the help!

I'm still confused on why you would check 'Auto Trim' and why you would or wouldn't check 'Min Phase'. For really dumb people like me, are there rules or circumstances of choosing or not choosing either of those options?

Shasha, that was perfect! Now I see the problem. I guess you can't covert individual wav files. I did it the way you did and it converted the whole folder no problem.

Thanks for the help!
Happy to help. :encouragement:

I'm still confused on why you would check 'Auto Trim' and why you would or wouldn't check 'Min Phase'. For really dumb people like me, are there rules or circumstances of choosing or not choosing either of those options?

If you don't understand the use of these options you should use Min Phase.

I believe you've got something a little mixed up here. the Ownhammer Axe-Fx ready Ultrares files are NOT MPT'd and should NOT be trimmed. so exactly the other way around ;)

Not having them converted to have MPT is a huge benefit to those who want to make use of natural phase, and nothing is really wrong with using the auto trim and then aligning them later in Cab-Lab.

What I'm confused about is why batch convert them at all and not just load the ones you want into Cab-Lab for either mixing, or sending straight as is to the Axe-Fx if you don't want MPT processing? What is your benefit from this?

Can you uncheck both options and then use the mode you want from within CabLab in the Mixing Tools option using the Processing Mode dropdown choices?

Back
Top Bottom