Overall favorite powered cab?

Tonecontrol

Hello,
I‘m making the transition to Fractal from old school tube amps, I would like your opinion on what is out there cabinet wise that has an amp feel, I love the fractal but miss the amp cabinet feel, would love to hear your thoughts 🎸🎸

The Friedman ASM12 is known to have the most amp like feel but maybe not as flat and accurate as other options. That’s what use and it sounds and feels just like a real cab to me but I’m likely used to it by now. Finding the right ir is a big part as well.

Consider that the EV PXM-12MP has a mode that disables the coaxial tweeter, resulting in a single 12” in their cab, and EV ain’t no slouch when it comes to guitar speakers.
the EV PXM-12MP rings a lot of bells, I’ve read some saying it’s not chug/ hi gain friendly?

the EV PXM-12MP rings a lot of bells, I’ve read some saying it’s not chug/ hi gain friendly?
I have no idea, because there’s no clue what modeler, what amp and IR, or what settings were used. I haven’t seen any comments here saying that.

A quality neutral cabinet, amp, and speaker will do a good job amplifying any kind of sound sent through it; give it a lousy sound it will accurately reproduce a lousy sound. They don’t rate FOH systems as “Metal-only” or “Chamber Quartet friendly” because reproducing sound accurately applies to all sound.

The PXM-12MP or the Dynacord equivalent should be easily found around the world. It’s not a niche company, so try to track one down and play through it.

Just bought one as backup for my CLR...arriving today. Good deal.

1 Electro-Voice PXM-12MP
Condition: Brand New (VIP Price)
$773.38
Shipping $0.00
Tax $0.00
Grand Total $773.38

I hear that Devin Townsend and Guthrie Govan are digging the new Laney FRFRs.
The one with 800w and 2x12" looks like it could move some air.

85565_Laney_Laney_LFR-212_Fullrange_flat_response__2.jpg

Not chug / high gain friendly :oops: well these speakers may not be super accurate but they come pretty damn close. If someone is not able to get a good sounding High Gain tone or a good chug out of them there doing something wrong.

Just bought one as backup for my CLR...arriving today. Good deal.

1 Electro-Voice PXM-12MP
Condition: Brand New (VIP Price)
$773.38
Shipping $0.00
Tax $0.00
Grand Total $773.38
Where did you find that? Beats my deal I thought was pretty good. Not that I need another one, just curious.

GR AT G210A ST all the way. Sounds amazing, wide stereo image and weighs about as much as an empty guitarcase.

Back
Top Bottom