Overall favorite powered cab?

Would like to hear your thoughts on the battle. I have a pair of CLR's and am looking to replace them.
Well, after one round of testing I'd have to say I prefer the CLR.
However, that's probably because I've used it for every gig over the last 5 years so I'm used to it.
The EV in no way sounds bad...just different and I'm sure I'd get accustomed to it in short order.
I may do some more A/B testing and record a sample with the looper but not sure that would translate via phone recording to YouTube.
At this point my plan hasn't changed, which was CLR will be #1 and EV will be on standby as backup.

I really like it and I’m strongly considering buying another one for a stereo setup, I did a lot of online reading/ reviews on this monitor and I feel it rings the most bells for my needs
You're using it for live gigs? Is it giving you that guitar/amp interaction and feel? Are you noticing that strange phenomenon with the highs that's caused by the tweeters?

I have the Laney FR and its pretty good but i have never tried anything else! Used to be able to get it on Thomann for half the price but it looks like they don't sell it anymore.

You're using it for live gigs? Is it giving you that guitar/amp interaction and feel? Are you noticing that strange phenomenon with the highs that's caused by the tweeters?
They are coaxial design. I don't believe those are susceptible to tweeter squeal... Or at least, less.

I've never encountered it with my Xitone wedges (also coaxial) in 7-8 years, nor with the EVs.

The EVs are really good.

Search the forum to find threads on them. Pretty much everyone that's tried them likes them as far as I've seen.

I have the Laney FR and its pretty good but i have never tried anything else! Used to be able to get it on Thomann for half the price but it looks like they don't sell it anymore.
I had the Laney LFR a few years back when I tried a Helix. I wasn't that crazy about it. But that could also be that I really didn't know how to dial it in at the time.

I’m new to the Fractal tech. I recieved my F9 last week so I’m still crawling with it, I did run it through a full PA with subs and it was ok, then I used my studio monitors with it, I preferred the FBT PA, the EV is a few days old and is my favorite so far, personally I don’t think I’ll be 100% back to the amp in the room feel, but the Fractal sounds fantastic, the amp tones are very convincing, I’m a long time player (45+yrs.) and have actually used many of the amps that are modeled in this thing it‘s really is amazing

I’m new to the Fractal tech. I recieved my F9 last week so I’m still crawling with it, I did run it through a full PA with subs and it was ok, then I used my studio monitors with it, I preferred the FBT PA, the EV is a few days old and is my favorite so far, personally I don’t think I’ll be 100% back to the amp in the room feel, but the Fractal sounds fantastic, the amp tones are very convincing, I’m a long time player (45+yrs.) and have actually used many of the amps that are modeled in this thing it‘s really is amazing
Yep, I'm in the same situation. Only had my FM9 since Friday. I've been playing for 35 years.

For what it’s worth, I have no regrets getting the EV
I've read great things about it. But I've also read that 12" FRFR speakers tend to get boomy and woofy, as opposed to 10" ones. And I'm still trying to wrap my had around a little wedge replacing a guitar cab.

I've read great things about it. But I've also read that 12" FRFR speakers tend to get boomy and woofy, as opposed to 10" ones. And I'm still trying to wrap my had around a little wedge replacing a guitar cab.
Long time player here too, quite happy with a pair of PXMs. No muss no fuss, they just work, sound good, reasonable size and weight, good coverage.

What's not to like?

Long time player here too, quite happy with a pair of PXMs. No muss no fuss, they just work, sound good, reasonable size and weight, good coverage.

What's not to like?
Well, a pair would be a ways out for me. I'm just planning to get 1 speaker for now.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Bought this Atomic CLR back around 2010 or so when I purchased my first Fractal unit. Sold both. But here it is 2023 and I have it back.

HELL YEAH, does it sound nice. Making rethink my use of regular cabinets. It has the volume and clarity. Retuning all my gig presets.

Atomic CLR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom