Output Volume.

Marz

Hi,

Got my Axe Fx II yesterday, been playing around and generally getting acquainted with it.
However I have noticed one item which I can not figure out.

I have output 1 L/R XLR plugged to monitors and the right output volume is not as high as the left. Settings on both monitors are identical. Tried it through a Lexicon audio interface and have the same issue.

Did a factory reset and still no joy... Ground lift switch off, when the lift switch is ON, I get a constant hum from the right channel.

Any ideas what could be causing this issue?

Sounds like a ground loop issue with the hum, do you have it in a rack? Remove it from the rack, connect it to nothing but the monitors and try it again.

Check your output levels - press utility and scroll till you see the output. Are the levels coming out balanced?

Check your output levels - press utility and scroll till you see the output. Are the levels coming out balanced?

Thanks, tried that and yes both levels are the same (balanced) in the utility... so the next thing is..

First try another XLR cable or switch cables.

Switched cables and the output volume switched also... damn... its the cable, and now its Sunday so I can't get to make a new one. Tested it and it all contacts are not shorting so it appears that it is something maybe internal in the cable.. :eek:ops

Thanks Jon and Java Junkie, for your prompt response. :D

I bet ya you prob rolled over them with your chair - I do that $&#^ all the time! :lol

*embarassed* :eek:ops

.. Can I ask what brand cable you are using? Just curious is all.

Sure, No problemo...

I use:
SOMMER CABLE - SC-CARBOKAB 225 for Balanced XLR to XLR or TRS connections, Neutrik NC3FXX-B or NP3X-BAG connectors
SOMMER CABLE - SC-SPIRIT for Guitar, Neutrik NP2X-AU-SILENT Plugs guitar end and NP2X-BAG or NP2RX-BAG amp end
SOMMER CABLE - SC-GALILEO 238 PLUS for other audio interconnects, eg mixer, computer.. Neutrik NTP3RC, NP3X-BAG etc.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
It's not Sunday here, where are you? One thing you can try with the problem cable is to reflow the solder points. It could help.

Back
Top Bottom