Output setup for Direct to Mixer and Monitor

Ricci NZ

This has probably been asked many times, but I'll ask again.
I am playing live and want to send one signal from my AX8 direct to front of house, and another signal to my QSC K12 monitor so I can have control of my on stage sound/volume.

On the basis I am just sending a mono signal ,can I just send my XLR Left output to FOH, then use the jack output 1 to my monitor? I am reading people suggesting using fx loops etc which gets a bit confusing? and if so, what is the benefit?

Any help would be much appreciated. Loving this AX8....

Thanks in advance.

You can do that, but you won't get convenient level control to your monitor without affecting your FOH send.

If you set Out 2 Echo to "OUTPUT 1," you send the same feed to to Out1 and Out2, and you get separate front-panel level knobs for each signal.

It's not as confusing as you think. :)

You can do that, but you won't get convenient level control to your monitor without affecting your FOH send.

If you set Out 2 Echo to "OUTPUT 1," you send the same feed to to Out1 and Out2, and you get separate front-panel level knobs for each signal.

It's not as confusing as you think. :)

Thanks Rex, appreciate the reply. I'll give it a go tomorrow.

This has probably been asked many times, but I'll ask again.
I am playing live and want to send one signal from my AX8 direct to front of house, and another signal to my QSC K12 monitor so I can have control of my on stage sound/volume.

On the basis I am just sending a mono signal ,can I just send my XLR Left output to FOH, then use the jack output 1 to my monitor? I am reading people suggesting using fx loops etc which gets a bit confusing? and if so, what is the benefit?

Any help would be much appreciated. Loving this AX8....

Thanks in advance.

As @Rex said, if you want exactly the same audio in FOH and your monitor, the Output 2 Echo Output 1 setting is easy and gives you the separate level control for your monitor only.

The FX Loop block is useful for different reasons. E.g. if you want to bypass the Cab block for an on stage amp -> guitar cab and send the FOH the signal from the Cab block.

As @Rex said, if you want exactly the same audio in FOH and your monitor, the Output 2 Echo Output 1 setting is easy and gives you the separate level control for your monitor only.

The FX Loop block is useful for different reasons. E.g. if you want to bypass the Cab block for an on stage amp -> guitar cab and send the FOH the signal from the Cab block.

Even though the Output 2 Echo Output 1 setting will provide a separate volume for PA input (1) and my Friedman input (2) is there anything else in a preset that needs to be enabled/disabled? All presets are straight line with no effects loops.

Even though the Output 2 Echo Output 1 setting will provide a separate volume for PA input (1) and my Friedman input (2) is there anything else in a preset that needs to be enabled/disabled? All presets are straight line with no effects loops.
Nothing else to be enabled/disabled, that's the perfect situation for using the output echo. If you insert the fx loop in your preset the echo function will be automatically disabled for that preset.

Hey Guys,
I know this is an older thread but it came up in a search....
This is similar to what Id like to do except, stereo to FOH (output 1) and mono output 2...
What do I need to do...? thx

So, reading a bit more it appears I have to add an FX loop block at the end of all my live patches and set output 2 to sum L+R...
is that correct....?

So, reading a bit more it appears I have to add an FX loop block at the end of all my live patches and set output 2 to sum L+R...
is that correct....?
Just set the Echo function in the Setup>I/O>Audio menu to “Output 1.” This copies (echos) Out 1 to Out 2.

but out 1 is stereo..
I need out 2 to be mono...
I'll try it though... thx
set Out 2 to L+R like you said. or simply keep it as Stereo setting, but use only 1 cable from Out 2. it depends on exactly what is stereo in your presets.

i leave my outputs set to stereo. some gigs are mono gigs, so i just use 1 cable. sounds great, no issues.

Back
Top Bottom