Output level knobs seem a bit flimsy to anyone?

zentman

Experienced
They do to me. Kinda wobbly and I am afraid I am gonna whack one, one day and rip it from it's motherboard which I assume it is soldered to.

Was the Ultra that way too? I can't remember.

My knobs are Solid and the rotation is smooth. (same with Ultra but the rotation on the II is smoother)

Mine has some play if you move it up/down/left/right, definitely not as secure feeling as my Ultra. Not sure if it's normal or not.

I definitely see the OP's point: PCB mounted encoders with longish plastic shafts (& poopy knobs IMO) are the culprit. I can't remember what my Ultra had... maybe they were panel mount??

To the guys who say it's not flimsy, grab it and wiggle it side to side. I am quite sure they used the same switches for all Axe II. All other rotary knobs are secure and solid. These are long shafts that are loosely fitted into their holes and connected to a PCB board it seems. Recipe for problem later I think. I could be wrong.

Maybe I'm being picky. Everything else on the unit is so much more solid and unbreakable feeling to a clod like me.

Mine have a tiny bit of play side to side but not up and down. The knobs on the Ultra definitely felt more solid and tough, but they were an entirely different kind of knob/pot, so that's to be expected.

i replied already but yes mine are really wobbly, up, down, all around. The ABCD knobs are a bit tighter but the 1&2 are really loose

The knobs are not connected to the main motherboard so grab the knobs and tweak away. Maybe your axe just needs some foreplay.

Back
Top Bottom