Output IR for speaker/headphone correction

wulftone

There's a thread on headphone corrections here:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/headphone-correction-eq-curves.167884/

And I thought it would be super handy for folks to have a way to plug these IRs in to a specific output, e.g. for headphones or speakers they want corrective eq for. Yes, outputs have eq, but loading an IR is a supercharging capability here. Using IR players is one way, but you need to add them to every preset. A global method would be more convenient.

For reference:
https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq

Last edited:
Being able to use Sonarworks files would be even better but that's not gonna happen unfortunately

+1 We need this. Would make a great feature. Can import really complex curves as irs and use them instead of dialing approximating or using the ir's preset wise.

I think it's easy enough to get this working in the Axe-Fx; IIRC it can load cab blocks in series; first Cab would be your proper guitar cab, the 2nd one can be set to load the WAV-cooked IR files from the same GitHub repository @wulftone linked. Example: https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq/tree/master/results/oratory1990/harman_over-ear_2018/Beyerdynamic DT 880 250 Ohm

The 5th file in the list (right before the CSV) is actually the "corrective" EQ in an IR format.
Can even import really complex room calibration eq(like from sonar works etc) for your monitors and room into cab block 2, if you can create an ir.

Thats what i am currently doing . But the point of this thread is to have output global eq use an ir . so we are saved of hassle of loading 2 cab blocks on every preset and deactivating it as well during recording.

That would be ideal.

Can even import really complex room calibration eq(like from sonar works etc) for your monitors and room into cab block 2, if you can create an ir.

Thats what i am currently doing . But the point of this thread is to have output global eq use an ir . so we are saved of hassle of loading 2 cab blocks on every preset and deactivating it as well during recording.

That would be ideal.
I hear ya (FM3 user here). There's been a whishlist post in the FM3 sub to allow the cab block to load IRs in series not just parallel. That would also help too albeit on a preset/scene level and not global to the whole unit. Anything would be great though.

I would love this ability, though I don't know if it can be done on anything but the Axe-Fx 3. I currently use the parametric and graphic EQs on the FM3 as studio monitor room correction vs headphones correction presets but having the ability to load an IR here would make it even better as the parametric doesn't have enough bands to take care of anything but the biggest issues.

I would love this ability, though I don't know if it can be done on anything but the Axe-Fx 3. I currently use the parametric and graphic EQs on the FM3 as studio monitor room correction vs headphones correction presets but having the ability to load an IR here would make it even better as the parametric doesn't have enough bands to take care of anything but the biggest issues.
You can do it on axe fx 3, i have ir for my room correction curve from sonarworks which i place in cab block instead of using peqs, however axe 3 still doesnt allow an ir as a global output eq .

The issue for fm3 is there is only one cab block and no ir player either.

So you cannot sacrifice that cab block to run room correction irs anyway.

which is unfortunate

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom