Output increase

When I try to run anything in parallel, I get a significant increase in output. I never had this happen with the axe 2. Am I missing something?

When I try to run anything in parallel, I get a significant increase in output. I never had this happen with the axe 2. Am I missing something?

When you have blocks in parallel, the moment you attach the virtual "wires", you are summing signals so it's expected an increase in output.
If you don't want that, the easier to do is run blocks in series and set the mix knob for each block.

If you want to keep blocks in parallel, you can put a mixer block at the convergence point and control the summing.

It does happen on the Axe2 unless you set the mix to 100% on the parallel block (like delay or reverb). Same as the 3.

It is a little different or weird compared to the analog world, say of signal strength in a coax cable going through a splitter. An ideal analog splitter will reduce signal to 50% (-3dB) on each side while summing them should recreate full signal strength.

The Axe digital signal chain is replicated at a branch, not split into equal parts, thus recombining would multiply the signal by the number of paths that are converging.

Actually, wouldn't it go like this:
3 parallel rows = +9.5dB
4 parallel rows = +12dB
5 parallel rows = +14dB
6 parallel rows = +15.5dB
?
Not as far as I know.

I'm only quoting what I know from past history with the Axe Fx II and I'm pretty sure the Axe Fx III is no different.

Back
Top Bottom