Output change between Output 1 and 2

BBN

Fractal Fanatic
Somebody please help me determine if I'm crazy or not.

This weekend I found that my patches through my on stage FRFR were not translating properly (volume wise) to FOH.
The volumes between my different patches were not the same in FOH, as compared to what I hear out of my on stage monitor.
I just did some testing my basement and found the same results.
I will explain.

I have two identical JBL PRX512 monitors sitting next to each other on my floor.
I dial in a (semi)High Gain patch, and a Clean patch.
Using the speaker connected to Output 1, I attempt to match the volumes of these two patches to my liking.
I am at a decent volume (close to a gig volume).
I then try those same two patches through the speaker connected to Output 2 and find that the Clean patch's relative volume is louder than that of my High Gain patch.
So I'm finding that my Output 2 is compressing or ducking the volume of my patch if it's a High Gain tone.

I found that the more complicated my patch is (more effects, etc. the greater this issue becomes)...even if the effects are in a bypassed state.

Some other info that I'm sure folks are wondering:
- I'm running the 'left' output for both Output 1 and 2
- My I/O settings all look set up properly
- I swapped the JBL speakers to make sure it's not an odd issue with one of the speakers, and it works the same when I swap the speakers (Output 2 is always the problem).
- I am using Firmware V3, but this problem was happening for me prior to this latest release.

To help me diagnose if this is a Firmware issue, or maybe a Hardware Issue with my beloved Axe 2....I would much appreciate if anyone would like to try these patches.

My suggestion would be to pull the Clean patch up....running out of Output 1, get to a decent volume....ring out a nice G Chord, and with it ringing, flip over to the Rhythm (High Gain) patch. Make mental note of the volume between those two patches.
Then kill Output 1 and turn up Output 2. Again get to a decent volume with the Clean patch up, ring that same G Chord and switch over to the Rhythm patch. Tell me if the relative volume of that Rhythm patch is now noticably lower.

Thanks for any assistance!

Attachments

• Test Clean.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Test Rhythm.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
It's your presets. You have the fx loop parallel to the main path and then connected to the output in one preset and not in the other.

My advice is to remove the fx loop and use the Copy Out1->Out2 instead.

It's your presets. You have the fx loop parallel to the main path and then connected to the output in one preset and not in the other.

My advice is to remove the fx loop and use the Copy Out1->Out2 instead.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

And yes, I feel like an idiot for not noticing that myself.

Back
Top Bottom