Output 4 Level (probably also 3) vs Out 1---21.5dB difference

unFILTERed

Power User
I am going from Axe FX 3 to UAD Apollo via S/pdif. To get the same level i need to turn the Out 4 Block Level 20dB and also add another 1.5dB in "Raw X(1,2,3 or 4)". Is this normal behaviour or am missing smth? The Physical knobs of Out 3 and 4 are maxed on Axe FX 3 (at unity gain, according to the manual)

For my live looping/performing and simultenously recording project with Ableton Live i need to i use Output 3 or 4 to send just the Reverb/Delay signl so i can record use the dry signal and the reverb/delay on seperate channels for mixing purposes later.

Out 1 and 2 are already in use for dry signal and USB out. So i have to use Out 3 or Out 4. So plz no suggestions on the routing.

Last edited:
What is "Raw X"?

Outputs 3 and 4 are "Unity Gain" and intended for use as effects loops. If you use them as general purpose outputs then you need to add gain in the respective output block. This is covered in the manual.

What is "Raw X"?

Outputs 3 and 4 are "Unity Gain" and intended for use as effects loops. If you use them as general purpose outputs then you need to add gain in the respective output block. This is covered in the manual.

X was for it could be 1,2,3,4,5 or 6 depending on how the preset is. Thx for response i looked in the manual, and knew they are for effects loop but wasn't sure if i am doing/have set all the right way cause of the appr. 21.5 dB difference.

Back
Top Bottom