output 2 level for unity gain?

edo

Power User
Vendor
I'm using output 1 xlr's to FOH with amp sims and out 2 to a regular amp (with no amp sims). How should I set the out2 level to have the same level I'd have if i went just from guitar to amp?

depends how much drive you want on the amp doesnt it? i think having it on full would be more signal than just plugging it into the front of an amp because the axe fx (pre)amplifies the signal

that's the point, i want the same level that i normally have when i plug the guitar straight into the amp so that external fx i run before the axe respond accordingly as if i werent using the axe at all.

that's the point, i want the same level that i normally have when i plug the guitar straight into the amp so that external fx i run before the axe respond accordingly as if i werent using the axe at all.

As Bakerman stated, set output 2 knob all the way up, place the fx loop block before the amp block.

I did read TFM and The wiki page, but it talks about 4CM which is not what i'm using at all, thats why i was asking...

Inviato da mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

I'm using output 1 xlr's to FOH with amp sims and out 2 to a regular amp (with no amp sims). How should I set the out2 level to have the same level I'd have if i went just from guitar to amp?

I am running stomp boxes in my effects loop. My method is convoluted, but has been working well for me.

1. Turn down the Global 2 EQ gain to -12db
2. Leave the Effects loop input at the default 0 db
3. Turn output 2 volume knob all the way to max on the front panel
4. Run amp block level at -22 to begin programming a patch and adjust as needed, while watching the meters in the Utility menu.
5. It helps that one of my outboard processors has input lights, so I can plug a guitar directly into it, view the input level, then plug it into the Axe FX output 2 and match that signal strength while feeding it with the Axe FX.
6. I have never tested the signal strength if I bypass the amp block and basically send my guitar straight through the grid and into the effects loop gear, which is what you want to do, but you can regulate the signal strength you are sending, in a preset, by turning down the input of the effects loop block.

I am running stomp boxes in my effects loop. My method is convoluted, but has been working well for me.

1. Turn down the Global 2 EQ gain to -12db
2. Leave the Effects loop input at the default 0 db
3. Turn output 2 volume knob all the way to max on the front panel
4. Run amp block level at -22 to begin programming a patch and adjust as needed, while watching the meters in the Utility menu.
5. It helps that one of my outboard processors has input lights, so I can plug a guitar directly into it, view the input level, then plug it into the Axe FX output 2 and match that signal strength while feeding it with the Axe FX.
6. I have never tested the signal strength if I bypass the amp block and basically send my guitar straight through the grid and into the effects loop gear, which is what you want to do, but you can regulate the signal strength you are sending, in a preset, by turning down the input of the effects loop block.

It sounds like he is running effect both to the Axe-fx and his amp.

guitar - real effects boxes - Axe-fx - out to real amp.

It doesn't sound like he needs something as complex as your are describing.

Back
Top Bottom