Not a Bug Output 1 suddenly stopped working.

henryrobinett

Fractal Fanatic
I think I have a problem here. It just happened and I don't know. Suddenly outputs stopped working. Nothing for output 1. The front panel reflects input 1, as it should be. But only output 3 is showing LEDs and the interface is receiving signal - for out3 only. I looked at the settings and it's set to COPY input 1. I turn that to off and I get nothing, of course. Just for yuks I set output 2 to copy input 1 and nothing.

So I don't know what's going on. I rarely go to settings to change things. I have output 3 set for analog remapping. But I'm a little confused and alarmed right now. I've tried turning it off/on several times with no effect. I suppose I should reinitialize? Maybe reinstall the last update? Or maybe I'm just missing something super basic.

Possibly a daft question, but are you on a preset that connects input1 to output1? Can it be something as simple as a broken signal chain in your current preset?

Output 2 can only copy Output 1, not Input 1. Make sure you've got an OUT 1 block connected in your preset and that it's turned up. Check the front panel OUT 1 knob as well. Are you getting output at the Headphone jack?

Do you use any global volume controls with expression pedals or MIDI? If those are left turned down, you'll get no output.

Check the meters page of the Home screen (page right a few times) and see if you're showing signal on the outputs there.

Why is this some sort of secret?

Possibly a daft question, but are you on a preset that connects input1 to output1? Can it be something as simple as a broken signal chain in your current preset?
OK. Well humph. I was practicing using a preset I've been using for months. I got up to go to the bathroom, came right back on nothing. I see no audio activity in any of my presets. It's not my cable because I see the DI is working - IOW input shows on the front panel and is in the external mixer. Voliume is up all the way both on my guyitar and the expression pedal. But in going through my presets I see NO LEDs or meter activity.

G’day Henry.
Make a new preset. Input one to output one.
Go to grid layout and right click until you get to the meters. What do you see, what do you hear? Is the volume knob turned up on output one?

Output 2 can only copy Output 1, not Input 1. Make sure you've got an OUT 1 block connected in your preset and that it's turned up. Check the front panel OUT 1 knob as well. Are you getting output at the Headphone jack?
Understood. If I said anything different about output 2 copy output 1 I misspoke. Nothing in headphones.

Do you use any global volume controls with expression pedals or MIDI? If those are left turned down, you'll get no output.

Understood.
Check the meters page of the Home screen (page right a few times) and see if you're showing signal on the outputs there.

No signal.

G’day Henry.
Make a new preset. Input one to output one.
Go to grid layout and right click until you get to the meters. What do you see, what do you hear? Is the volume knob turned up on output one?
Hey patzag - in the process. Thank you. No meters in Axe-Edit at all.

It axe edit. The machine itself.
Understood. Nah. I created a brand new preset with just an input block, amp and output block. No signal. As I said front panel shows input 1. Then output 3 with activity. I don't see anything in Axe-Edit. Just saying. In the layout on the Axe Fx III I see signal in the input block but nothing in the output block.

Is the In 1 block showing input and output on the Layout screen meters? Green is input, blue is output.

Edit: had the colors swapped. Blue is input and green is output.

Last edited:
Try reseating the TRS cable or try a different cable if you have one. Could be a dirty or worn pot in the pedal too. Sweep it back and forth a few times.

The thing is I should see output 1 meters on the front panel. I don't. I should see signal coming into the external mixer. I don't. I should be able to hear something other than the DI signal coming out of output 3. I don't. I see input in the input block. I don't see anytihng in the output block.

Am I missing something in the routing to output 1? It seems to be set up for output 1.

Back
Top Bottom