output 1 & output 2 levels

kag

Inspired
are they the same???

i just got a k12 and i was experimenting with sending out1 to one input on the k12 and out2 to the other input on the k12. it seems like output 2 is lower. is this correct or is something else going on. im using copy L-->R and Copy out1-->out2. i would think the levels would be the same but i couldnt find anything on the wiki.

are they the same???

i just got a k12 and i was experimenting with sending out1 to one input on the k12 and out2 to the other input on the k12. it seems like output 2 is lower. is this correct or is something else going on. im using copy L-->R and Copy out1-->out2. i would think the levels would be the same but i couldnt find anything on the wiki.

Why would you need both outputs going to one K12? I could see sending both Left and Right signals, but not Output 1 as well as Output 2. If you're going to do left/right both to one K12 (I did this for a while) make sure Input A on the K12 is in Line mode instead of mic mode, and make sure Output 1 on the Axe is set to stereo. Also make sure the gain levels for both inputs on the K12 are equal.

Why would you need both outputs going to one K12? I could see sending both Left and Right signals, but not Output 1 as well as Output 2. If you're going to do left/right both to one K12 (I did this for a while) make sure Input A on the K12 is in Line mode instead of mic mode, and make sure Output 1 on the Axe is set to stereo. Also make sure the gain levels for both inputs on the K12 are equal.

wasnt planning on using this in a live setting. just experimented with it to see what the difference in output 1 and 2 levels were on the axe. basically when i go foh with out1 ill still use the k12 thru out2 as stage fill. just have to crank out2 a little more than i would out1 to get the same results

Last edited:
This is not the case. Both outputs are line outs. One is balanced and one is unbalanced. That is the only difference

Balanced signal is (always) 6dB louder than unbalanced.

Back
Top Bottom