Output 1 and 2 Clipping Leds [FIXED]

ertan

Experienced
Hi,

This is possibly (and hopefully, so that there is no physical damage in my Axe) a bug.

After installing 15.05, my output clipping leds do not work. I intentionally increased the preset volume by 20 db and heard the digital clipping myself, but the leds did not turn on.

As I said, I'm not sure if this is something about the software or hardware. I hope it is the software.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
What does it show if you go to utility>status? Do the level meters show clipping? I haven't downloaded th new firmware as I have a gig this weekend, I was just wondering.

What does it show if you go to utility>status? Do the level meters show clipping?

My Clip LEDs won't light either; Utilities -> Output Levels are pinned, output very distorted (not in the good way lol).

Reset the amp block just to see if that would do anything, still no Clip LEDs.

My Output 1 clip light works on 15.05 but my Output 2 clip light (which is set to echo Output 1) does not. FWIW - I skipped 15.04 and went straight to 15.05.

I use SPDIF and for the day have experienced peak cracking with no red on the LED that's been driving me crazy since the latest FW update. Came here to search and found this thread. Seems I have the same issue.

Holding off because the clip lights don't work?

I don't blame him for waiting. I actually find it frustrating. Spent hours troubleshooting all sorts of settings due to odd cracking at random notes. Since I ruled out clipping because there was no red light flickering i couldn't make any sense of it. I really hope the fix is coming soon.

Back
Top Bottom