AFIII Out of Sync by chrisAngela

ChrisAngela1

Inspired
Now that I've rambled on about my alternative tuning obsession, next is my fixation on unusual tempos. I hate to call them "odd" because outside of the Western world where 4/4 four on the floor rules, they are very common! I think my love of this started with Stewart Copeland of The Police, of course Rush and any Prog Rock of the day (Kansas, Yes, etc), and Pat Travers (Off Beat Ride, Life in London (bass player Peter "Mars" Cowling was incredible and I think partially responsible for that). It always just seemed to my ear a nice break from the 4/4.

So 6/8 time, with it's waltz like shuffle feel, is fun. I used that on "In the Shadows" posted earlier. But I wanted to make a song using the 7/4 or 7/8 time signature (Pink Floyd's "Money") from start to finish. Kind of where it feels like you're missing a beat somewhere, but always landing on your feet...that's why I called this "Out of Sync", which is at times how I feel in life!

Disclaimer: Careful on the video if photosensitive seizures are an issue (the seizures caused by strobes/flickering lights) as there's plenty of that. I was going for a bit of nightmarish visuals that resolve in the end to a bit more blissful experience.

I used the LT High Gain Favourites, Scene 2 Mesa/Boogie Mark IIC++ for the distorted parts, and the factory Double Verb for the cleans. My use of delays and reverbs early on in recording, as in this song, were primarily from the Axe III, I've been starting to record more clean and dry and adding those effects in the post mixing. Not sure which way I prefer to go with that yet, but if any folks have thoughts on that, it would be appreciated.

I've apparently received the forum's "Keeps Coming Back" trophy, not sure if that's a hint to give it a rest or not:)

P.S., the tuning in the middle part is the Kashmir DADGAD tuning, made for some different sounding chords!

Cheers

This ensemble' was/is a captivatingly stunning display of sights and sound and a true delight for the soul....
Thank you Chris, for this revelation of your creative genius.
Please...let the outstanding blessings continue to flow.

Back
Top Bottom