Original Tune with Axe fx and Komplete

brycegoertzen

Experienced
Hey guys, I uploaded this the other day. It's a song with some of the Native instruments libraries and wanted to share it here. Upon listening to the final mix, I think there's most certainly room for improvement (i.e. smoothing out the kick for less pop). On the green screen end, well, its just fun to play with it.

Any criticism would be appreciated and I hope you guys enjoy.

[video]

Listening on studio monitors:
Nice playing!!
Cymbals have super accentuated high-end. I'd back that off a bit.
There's kind of a mid-range "stack up" where several instruments are "competing" with each other for the same space.
That's masking your guitar when the synths/samples are playing.
If you could work the arrangement a bit... and spread the ranges out (around the guitar)... I think it would help your mix.
Excellent work!

Listening on studio monitors:
Nice playing!!
Cymbals have super accentuated high-end. I'd back that off a bit.
There's kind of a mid-range "stack up" where several instruments are "competing" with each other for the same space.
That's masking your guitar when the synths/samples are playing.
If you could work the arrangement a bit... and spread the ranges out (around the guitar)... I think it would help your mix.
Excellent work!
Upon listening back, I think you're right. Thanks for the helpful suggestions!

Great stuff man! really enjoyed it! I agree with the comment above a bout the highs on the OH. Also Feel like the snare got a little lost in the mix. I really enjoyed it though, and hope you post more music!

Nice piece! Good playing and nice composition. I see Jim beat me to the point I was going to make, as I found myself trying to listen more intently, so I could understand what you were playing. Keep it up and look forward to future posts.

Cheers,

Lee

Honestly, I didn't think I was going to like this, from the thumbnail. I was wrong. This is great. The only thing that stuck out to me in an awkward way was how those ride cymbal hits sounded. Everything else sounds pretty natural. Very cool.

Great stuff man! really enjoyed it! I agree with the comment above a bout the highs on the OH. Also Feel like the snare got a little lost in the mix. I really enjoyed it though, and hope you post more music!
You're right, sometimes the snare gets lost as well. I got me some tweakin to do!

Nice piece! Good playing and nice composition. I see Jim beat me to the point I was going to make, as I found myself trying to listen more intently, so I could understand what you were playing. Keep it up and look forward to future posts.

Cheers,

Lee
Thanks Lee!

Honestly, I didn't think I was going to like this, from the thumbnail. I was wrong. This is great. The only thing that stuck out to me in an awkward way was how those ride cymbal hits sounded. Everything else sounds pretty natural. Very cool.
The velocity on them was probably too high. Thanks for the input man! Glad you enjoyed it.

Back
Top Bottom