Ordering New Cables, Quick Question, Cable Length.

Suhrfer

Experienced
From my Axe FX to right monitor I need four feet of interconnect cable. I only need two feet for the left monitor. Should I get two four feet cables or does it matter? I read somewhere it matters, but who knows?

For line-level signals with cables that are well shielded, length only matters when you get into the hundreds of feet. You'll never hear a difference between two feet and four feet.

Thank you! I just checked and the price between the two are not that different. I may as well get two four feet cables(who knows what the future holds). I am getting the Belden 1800 from Blue Jeans Cable. One day I'll learn how to solder and make my own. Thanks again!

I have two 12 footers now, from a previous installation. It's the cableclusterfuck in the back of my desk that needs fixing.

I have two 12 footers now, from a previous installation. It's the cableclusterfuck in the back of my desk that needs fixing.
:lol I know what you're talking about. There's something to be said for cables that aren't a mile too long.

Back
Top Bottom