option to MONO the rotary

psst

Inspired
I'm using a drive block to make the rotary MONO (desirable in some situations), and a compressor to make the tremolo effect of the leslie not so evident.
It would be really handy if we had those parameters in the Rotary block itself, so we don't waste a drive for that.
The "tremolo amount" parameter would be really useful too, when you mike a real leslie most of the time you set the mics further to avoid some of that tremolo effect.

have a play around with the depth controls to minimise the depth of the tremolo effect and the mic spacing control has an impact on width

sim

edit: sorry i didn't spot that this was in the standard / ultra forum

Last edited:
Vol/pan, filter and mixer can also sum to mono.

I'm not sure if tremolo amount would be any different from what HF/LF depth already do. With less depth there's less variation in HF/LF level.

One other thing you can try is setting rotary balance part or all of the way to one side. Doing that and reducing both depths (tremolo sound seems to become more intense without doing this) might produce something preferable for mono.

you could also place the rotary before your cabs to mono-ise it

turning the low depth all the way off will give you a slightly different sound, but that's where most of the tremolo is. increasing upper horn length also sounds good.

what you're asking is like saying make the ring mod less ring moddey....if you know what i mean... :)

I use Mix to decrease the intensity of the Rotary. I have it set at 65% (with the Rotary block in series).

All,

The ROTARY already has exactly the control you are asking for.
It is called MIC spacing and it mono-izes the signal when set to 0%

Oops... Sorry, that is on the Axe-Fx II only.

Back
Top Bottom