one thing i really dislike is...

The only impact I'm aware of is the signal to noise ratio might not be completely optimal, buy I doubt you would notice. You shouldn't get any weaker tone since everything is normalized after it hits the Axefx input anyway

I don't understand how you EMG users have such weak signals. If I turn my input over 20% I start getting a bunch of red lights. 81/85 in a Steinberger ST-2FPA.

I've not had trouble with red tickling either and I use passive hb pups..

once you're well into the reds, things get a little more compressed
which [rightly or wrongly] I quite like the feel of..

my input is set around 75

I did try lower settings..
with my high gain and clean settings it didn't seem to make much difference at all [until I got below around 30-ish]
the crunchy tones though appeared to notice a little more below about 40
but even then it was very subtle.. nothing hugely noticeable..

I don't understand how you EMG users have such weak signals. If I turn my input over 20% I start getting a bunch of red lights. 81/85 in a Steinberger ST-2FPA.

I should add that the EMG in question that I've used is the 81X, which I believe has somewhat lower output than the original 81. My passives are Pearly Gates, and I keep them set fair low so they don't interfere with string vibration. That said, I never had any problem getting them into the "red zone" on the Standard. I'll experiment some more, since I prefer a somewhat compressed sound.

Set it for your hottest guitar and forget it.

It has NOTHING to do with input level. It sets the A/D levels. Signal path and amp gain are not effected in any way. You can set input trim on your specific presets in the amp block.

There are three knobs one for input and two for A/D levels, so what am I missing here? For me if you turn input right down, I have been able to successfully make it sound very weak..

It say's input the other two are AD input as far as I can see, you turn it up too much it makes your guitar / or bass (Especially bass) distort. You turn it down too much the input levels on some passives can be too low..

Last edited:
Personally I leave it at 80% and forget about it. But here's a suggestion for Fractal to accommodate those who would like to adjust the INSET IN parameter quickly when changing guitars:

When playing a patch, the A knob now sets the Scene number. How about making the B knob a direct control for the INPUT INSTR IN parameter?

Back
Top Bottom