One of the Most Powerful Controls in the Amp Block

Am I wrong or does this parameter do nothing unless poweramp sims enabled (sag)? I've been playing around with it on a preset of mine and until I enable poweramp sim do I hear differences. I run a FRFR setup with atomic 50/50 and wedges

You're running a FRFR rig without power amp simulation?????!

Wouldn't it be cool if there were a thread that only Fractal could contribute to that just listed little comments like this every now and then ... other threads could then be created to comment and discuss them ... but one clean thread with nothing but little axe-hits directly from Fractal would be great in my opinion ...
I've suggested a "Cliff notes" sticky for a loooong time. Yet to happen though even though it's a very popular idea.

You're running a FRFR rig without power amp simulation?????!

No, I use the pa sims always. I experimented on a few presets without the pa sims around same time I came across this thread. I didn't hear much difference with xformer match unless the pa sim were on. Was my observation. Perhaps cause it was a higher gain preset and MV was fairly low.

Transform-Factor...

No, I use the pa sims always. I experimented on a few presets without the pa sims around same time I came across this thread. I didn't hear much difference with xformer match unless the pa sim were on. Was my observation. Perhaps cause it was a higher gain preset and MV was fairly low.

Chewie,

I could be wrong, but my understanding is that everything in the back-end of a guitar-amp is controlled/affected by POWER-Amp SIMS.

In a traditional amp-head for the sake of argument/visualization, the "back-end" is what I'll refer to as: POST Pre-Amp section, POST Tone-Stack, but PRE FX-Loop & Pre Power-Amp section, OK? It's sort off like if you plugged the Axe-FX II into the FX-return of a tube-amp-->feeding a traditional guitar-cab (I.E: 4x12; 2x12; etc!) (which I have done with excellent results...albeit, only as versatile as the power-amp & physical speaker-cab being used!) Anyways, in that such scenario, you would probably (as I did) disable Power-Sims & Cab-Sims. However, when you have a neutral enough power-amp and cab (the so called "FRFR" monitoring environment) I would think that MOST users would want the flexibility, versatility, and flat-out EXCELLENCE provided (especially now that we're in post FW-6.0) by using the Power-Sims AND Cab-Sims enabled - especially in your FRFR-capable setup?!?

Sorry, I digressed a bit...The short answer is: Since Transformer Match is part of the Power-Amp (back-end) architecture, then you heard correctly...it does NOTHING if Power-Sims are disabled!

I think???

Bill

I've suggested a "Cliff notes" sticky for a loooong time. Yet to happen though even though it's a very popular idea.

For the time being, a "Cliff" query in the wiki also results in a long list containing quotes.

This should work: Search - Axe-Fx II Wiki

Not the most userfriendly layout but for the time being...
Also added this shortcut to the homepage of the wiki.

Back
Top Bottom