One more gig video.... Zakk Wylde era Ozzy - Fire in the Sky

Good job bishop ! I saw zakk on one of his first gigs in the UK at Newcastle Mayfair, everyone shouted "sh*t", I think they were comparing him with Jake

Last edited:
Sounds awesome! Zakk Wylde is the reason I started to play guitar. His pinch harmonics make his sound so aggressive. I've never been able to pick fast enough to play any Zakk Solos :(

Sounds awesome! Zakk Wylde is the reason I started to play guitar. His pinch harmonics make his sound so aggressive. I've never been able to pick fast enough to play any Zakk Solos :(
I hear ya. I have to cheat and throw in some hammer on’s and pull offs. His right hand is rapid fire pick attack like a machine gun.

Last edited:
Fire in the Sky from the No Rest for the Wicked album. Great deep cut tune off the album.

Oh, man...that is probably one of my top 3 Ozzy songs of all time. That whole album smokes, but that song is so atmospheric and distinctive.

Great job! The vocals and your guitar, especially....

awesome. everything. singer is right on. Any chance of a preset? it just sounds so good!
Sure, here you go. It's for the XL so you'll need to use Fractool to change it to something else.
Scene 1: Rhythm
Scene 2: Rhythm with a volume boost for that small section after the guitar solo
Scene 3: Clean for the verse parts. I use a Fremen Acoustic 12 string preset that I have modified in the video so can't share that one. But this is what I used before I got that preset.
Scene 4: Lead- It's pretty wet but so is the one in the song. It still cuts and sounds great in a band mix though.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Attachments

• Fire in the Sky.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 38
Back
Top Bottom