One chorus pedal block: can I switch between two sounds

sparkle

Inspired
One chorus pedal block: can I switch between two sounds

I hope this makes sense…
I uses a scenes setup for 5 different amp tones
Then go to the effects screen and set the effects on/off for that song…

I have one chorus pedal… I want to have one button be for channel 1 dimension c setting and one button be channel 2 (same chorus block) be a ce-2 pedal…
Is there way to select the the “chorus pedal” individually… or do you have push button 1 to “turn on” then button 2 to select the “other” chorus setting?

I guess what I am asking is can one chorus block be set as two individual pedals?

So 1 click is chorus1 block channel A
So 1 click is chorus1 block channel B
Like a pedal board…

Last edited:
Within FM9-Edit, and your effects layout under effect > chorus, IIRC, it's possible to select effect > toggle channel from A to B. Just pre-select your chorus type as either Ch A or B, and select your parameters accordingly. You'll find out via trial and error whether you've selected toggle A and B or not.

EDIT: Doh, realized you were asking about 2 separate switches. Was thinking you were asking about toggling between two channels on one switch.

Last edited:
Smart bypass. 3:40 to the end of this video.

Personally I use one switch for this type of stuff. I have it set so that press toggles the block on/off, hold toggles or cycles through channels.

I have one chorus pedal… I want to have one button be for channel 1 dimension c setting and one button be channel 2 (same chorus block) be a ce-2 pedal…
Is there way to select the the “chorus pedal” individually… or do you have push button 1 to “turn on” then button 2 to select the “other” chorus setting?

I guess what I am asking is can one chorus block be set as two individual pedals?

So 1 click is chorus1 block channel A
So 1 click is chorus1 block channel B
For a lot of my effect blocks, like drives or chorus, I define the switch's Tap function for bypass, and the Hold to either toggle between channels or to increment channels. That way, one switch does double-duty.

Otherwise, using "Smart Bypass" in the channel settings for the switch works nicely, but it'll take up an extra switch.

Also, scenes can do what you're talking about too.

Within FM9-Edit, and your effects layout under effect > chorus, IIRC, it's possible to select effect > toggle channel from A to B. Just pre-select your chorus type as either Ch A or B, and select your parameters accordingly. You'll find out via trial and error whether you've selected toggle A and B or not.
If the switch function is "Bypass", by changing the mini-display to either "Long Name +channel" or "Short Name +channel" we don't have to guess, it'll be visible in the strip, looking something like Drive 1A or Drive 1B.

If the switch function is set to "Chan Toggle", the channels are set to A and B, and the Mini-Display Label is "Both Channels" you'll get
DRV1 [A]B or DRV1 A[B].

Those apply to whether it's a Tap or Hold definition.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom