"On The Run" preset played live

:ugeek:
how do you compare the real thing (rotating spkrs) to the axe rotary, of course when listening thru IEMs, FOH or on tape... ? thanks

Yeah, I vary the mix to the rotating speakers, different songs demand different rot sound. Sometimes subtle, sometimes more evident. It makes the other modulation pedals shine more too. Flangers and phasers sound so much better when adding it.
The reasons to return the sound of the rotating speakers to my system (Axe) is to have full control of my guitar sound. If the rotating speaker microphones go straight to the FOH mixer, first I need 4 more channels in the main mixer (and we use A LOT anyway!), and our sound tech would have to mix the signal himself with the non-rotary part of my sound.
I'm the one who knows exactly the amount of rotary sound I want in each patch, so I feel safer giving the sound tech just the two L/R from the Axe.
Same with my keyboardist, he uses his own 8 channel mixer to supply just L/R to the FOH. If our tech would have to mix everything he would become crazy and he would need a monster mixer table.

About stage volume, we keep everything quite in control so our tech can make a nice mix (we all use in-ears except the other guitar and saxophone player), so the only sound comes from his monitor, the drumset and another monitor I use for guitar feedback and sustain. Adding the rotating speakers to the equation is not adding too much.

About comparing it to the Axe's rotary, well, it's just not my choice for rotating sounds. YMMV, etc. ;)
I just like the way it makes the sound wider and "chewier" (hard to explain), like Comfortably Numb solo or like here in "Run Like Hell":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CfZQVtnZYQ

What a great gig!! Your video and sound production are top shelf for a tribute band.

Speaking of sound production, how is the audio being recorded? I'm curious as I'd like to create some live video demos in the future.

Damn...

Your Floyd covers just plain RIP. Awesome. Really loved the solo on "Have a cigar". "Run like hell" was great too. Its all great!

Awesome playing, tones, show, everything.

Color me impressed. Floyd is one of the few bands that I think have enough of an audience and discography to justify a tribute band and your band is one of the best I've ever seen. I love that you're using the Axe Fx but incorporating all the analog gear and the rotating speakers to get Gilmour's tones. He's one of those guys like Alex Lifeson or the Edge that have such a variety of different kit over the years that you need a warehouse just to get close. Very Well Done.

Alvaro, you're the spanish's Gilmour ! :D :D :D

I was very very impressed when you did the huge Gilmour pedalboard...
I was very very very impressed when I saw that you were producing Dopollas...
I'm even more impressed with these videos... :cool:

All the songs sound absolutely incredible! I love PF and playing along to the PF songs, so immediately my interest was peaked. What a cool mix of AxeFX and other pedals.

It's really good. The solos on CN and Money are excellent and very close to the original, including the dry / wet parts in money that I love in the original version. The theory of the rotating "chewy" sounds is interesting. I was wondering why you are using a LP with P90 on Another Brick and not the Strat ?
Anyway .. respect and ... buenas noches.
Philippe

pdelanghe said:
I was wondering why you are using a LP with P90 on Another Brick and not the Strat ?

Being a huge fan of Gilmour like Alvaro / psst, I can answer that Gilmour used this guitar for the recording in studio in even during the Wall concerts in 80s. He used in fact a LP with P90 direct in the console plus compression and then send the mix to a Mesa....

A wonderful site : http://www.gilmourish.com, Bjorn is the guy...

Salutations de Bretagne au passage :cool:

Sorry for the delay, I lost track of this thread when it was moved to "Recordings".
The solo was recorded with the Goldtop in the original album, I love that sound, and it's much easier to get that particular tone with that guitar. Also, audience likes to see things "happening" on stage, so a guitar change is just another thing for the show. ;)

I'm really glad you guys like it, we had a lot of requests to make the video downloadable, so we will upload as a whole. I'll post the link here when it's up just in case anyone is interested.

yes! yes! It would be great if you could upload the entire video.
After The Australian Pink Floyd Project your band is the best Floyd cover band I ever heard (IMHO).
Keep on rockin'

Sounds amazing!!! Visually superb as well!

I've a question... what is the other guitar player using for his acoustic sound? Is that a Variax? It sounds really good. I've an Anderson with a Fishman piezo which I'm sending through an Ultra. I'm pretty happy with the sound, but it seems to be lacking some acoustic "shimmer".

Back
Top Bottom