On-Screen Tuner!

Kudos for including the Tuner on screen in Axe Edit. I hit the tuner button, fully expecting to have to turn and look at my Axe Fx but to my surprise and delight, there was an accurate graphical representation on my computer monitor.

So far Axe Edit appears to be rock solid! Thanks again Fractal!

Hmm... In AE3, my tuner isn't working. Axe fx has fw 11.00 and i'm using mac, with newest mountain lion.

Hmm... In AE3, my tuner isn't working. Axe fx has fw 11.00 and i'm using mac, with newest mountain lion.
Same here... tuner is just an accessory -for my own usage- anyway a bit disappointing on a Release version, not a beta. I guess all will be ok under 10.9 Mavericks, maybe ?

If the tuner is not working in AE: go to I/O on the hardware and set SendRealtimeSysex to Tuner or All.

Thanks yek, but no help here. I tried both: ...to Tuner and ...All.

Another cause might be that the Tuner knob on the hardware opens to the the 2nd page, not the first.
Check that. If so, change to first page.

Another cause might be that the Tuner knob on the hardware opens to the the 2nd page, not the first.
Check that. If so, change to first page.

The tuner opens in the first page, so no problem there.
There was something weird going on with the tuner in hardware, just now. It worked like it was in slow motion. You know how the ball rolls in the screen...everything was sloooow. It went away after i powered axe fx off/on again. It feels like this FW 11 is the beta version. I didn't have any problems with FW 11beta. :-| ...also having problems with AE3.

Is the CC for the tuner on your system different than default?
Try resetting the system (Utility).

What AE problems?

Reactions: DTS
Is the CC for the tuner on your system different than default?
Try resetting the system (Utility).

What AE problems?

Thanks again Yek!
The tuner CC is 41 atm. I don't remember if i've changed that, 'cause i did do some tweaking on CC's when i got axe fx. The tuner actually works in AE, if i open it first in hardware. But the AE doesn't seem to open it in the hardware, when selecting it from AE.

Problems in AE:
-Tuner (atm, it could be user error too, if my settings are wrong)
-Communication failure has occurred once already. I had these problems with AE 1.9 too. At the same time fractal bot works and communicates with Axe FX. AE3 communicates again after i off/on Axe FX.
-In AE3 i made a patch. In the end of the chain i first had reverb and delay in parallel. I then deleted the delay and moved the reverb to series. The tone had weird delay on it and the tone sounded like it was coming from a radio. I deleted the reverb too and choose it from the menu again. Same weird tone. Then i opened other patch, came back to this one and deleted both delay and reverb (parallel) and put a "new" reverb on series and then it worked.

EDIT:
After resetting system the tuner works in AE3 now. The tuner CC is 15 after reset, so that was the user error. Thanks for the help once again Yek! :)

Last edited:
Good to see it works now.

P.S. It says in the release notes that Tuner, Tempo and Looper only work with default CCs . ;-)
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/news/73989-axe-edit-3-0-released.html#post905964

I am away from home and wont be back for a week or so - and I am wondering about this?

I did the Matman "Boost" modification - and used the default "tuner" switch on the MFC as my Boost switch - and I moved the tuner to a different switch on the MFC - does this mean that with FW11 and AE3.0 the Matman amp boost wont work - and nor will the tuner??

It doesn't concern the position of the Tuner switch. It's about the MIDI CC assigned to the Tuner.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom