OMG FW 10 is so fucking good!!!

Not the same type of music obviously but....

DAT 5153 RED !!!!!!!

Of course not all presets sound good with any guitar, but I'm rolling through them with a mahogany ESP with EMG 81/85 and...dafuq am I hearing those high gain patches are sooooo much better. (In standard tuning anyway, my dropped guitars don't sound good with those patches, that will be work for another day).

I'll settle on doing own patches tomrrow, getting a bit late here in europe.

hmm, i'm not sure what to think of FW10...with older firmwares everything sounded nicely direct...kinda squashed and two-dimensional...

now everything sounds alive...breathing and threedimensional, just like miced amps sound like...i don't know if i can live with that fact!

it finally sounds as i always wished and wanted it to sound, but what now, the journey seems over, i feel old and exhausted,
no more tone chasing...no more endless tweaking, what am i supposed to do now!? :D

in all seriousnes...CLIFF=GOD! :D

hmm, i'm not sure what to think of FW10...with older firmwares everything sounded nicely direct...kinda squashed and two-dimensional...

now everything sounds alive...breathing and threedimensional, just like miced amps sound like...i don't know if i can live with that fact!

it finally sounds as i always wished and wanted it to sound, but what now, the journey seems over, i feel old and exhausted,
no more tone chasing...no more endless tweaking, what am i supposed to do now!? :D

Out from under your cloud! Awesome to see! :)

Has anyone else found the bottom sucked out of their presets after the update? I've rolled back for now, but the treble was very harsh and I couldn't get the bass to sound right. Everything had a mid range honk. I'll probably give it another go over the weekend.

I was going to say the same thing. The sound sounds more 3d to me. the delays sit where they are supposed to. Incredible, is all that I can add.

Shattering update! Every single preset is insanely good stock. In previous versions I thought some of the presets like the "No Quarter" and "Bayou Country" demonstrated the effects nicely but were presets I would never really play. They are now really a joy to play. I really notice how all the effects like tremolo and phasers have a palpable feel/sound. The phaser on "Eruption - preset 329" is spectacular. The Wrecker, JTM45, and especially the 65 Bassman along with all amps in general sound so good right out of the box. Bravo Cliff & Fractal!

I'm super stoked that all the excitement and jubilation is allowing for some freer language 'round these parts :D

I didn't even try any presets for now.
I really, really recommend to take a fresh and empty patch and go just through all the different amps and cabs.
You don't have to tweak them much, it's insane how good they sound and feel!

It feels like every pick strock on the strings is like peeling a juicy orange.... It squeeze and than explose!!! You get the point folks?? ;)

Yup.....I've only had a little free time since it dropped, but the Uberschall sounds absolutely ridiculous. I seriously need to kick the family out of the house this weekend, so I have time to hit all of the amps at volume. This is more than just another firmware update....it's a landmark achievement of historical significance. :D

I have only had time to bring up my favorite 9.02 patch, changed the amp and cab to dumbles, tweaked the amp a little.

And I had an rc boost in that patch too

I'm very happy with that patch now.

WOW!!!! This is my first FW upgrade and I thought FW9 was "it" but FW10 in on another level. Playing with some of my favorite songs and it's a snap to dial in almost the exact tone quick and the dynamics are ridiculous. Love it!!! Thanks Cliff and team. Oh, AE is awesome. :D

Okay, now that I've played this for a few couple more hours (and believe me, I haven't put down my guitar--skipped dinner) I'm even more in awe. Evey amp that I'm personally familiar with in the real world is just 100% right. Fender, Mesa, Marshall, Vox, you name it. I'm falling in love all over again with the hot rod Marshalls. The Friedman BE, the Cameron CCV, the Splawn Quickrod....damn, they're so much fun. Even giving the Ecstasy another shot after really not digging it in previous firmwares. Cliff knocked this out of the park!

Alright, enough typing. Back to the guitar.

about 3 hrs...sorry guys no time to pee let alone visit the forum...had to keep playing non stop...stopped cos I am about to burst...10 is that good.

Loved the ODS and USA clean in particular. The TX star actually now sounds like the lonestar I had. Decided that for a change will work on only two or three amps...understand the crap out of them and then move to others. Focussed...like a laser now.

That wont stop me from trying other presets...just saying any tweaking can start from learning one or two amps in their entirety.

Sorry gotta go guys...see you all at 3AM next

Back
Top Bottom