OMG - First time putting it in the rear

Not watch it [however exciting it might be] or listen to it… when choosing the right entrance, you have to FEEL it :lol:

I have never put it in the rear, maybe I should try tonight :lol: :lol: :lol:

..had so much fun reading this thread :lol:

Haven't tried it yet, but the idea does have a certain "ring" to it.... I shall illustrate.. :D ;) :twisted: :shock: :eek: :(

Ok all kidding aside, I am wasting valuable "my wife is out of town" time playing with this and I need to know if my ears are just messing with me or what. And my poor Axe-Fx is exhausted from all this switching it up. :p What is the difference between the front input set to "front input" in the I/O compared to Left rear input set to "rear input" in the I/O. Sometimes I hear the nasty treble when I roll-off the volume and now sometimes I don't and it's driving me looney. I'm also starting to think my PRS pick-ups are giving me some of the cocked wah sound and the rear input is taming it. :p It's not fair putting a heavy cocked wah instrument into either input and then blaming the Axe for responding to the best of her ability. :p (ok, that was the last one) There is definitely a noise floor difference but is that all? I really need an official ruling here for my sanity's sake.

Here's a small preview pic of something I was playing with not too long ago when I thought some people here might want a more detailed, yet simple overview of how to use the assets of our tool of choice.

Goes a bit into the hard and soft parts used with the special sauce.

specialsauceExcerpt.jpg

Not too much of a shocker, I hope. But maybe educational nonetheless.

hahaha

cowplug.JPG

all puns aside does anyone really prefer the rear inputs over the front? And if so for what style?

all buns aside, which IR were you using? and, did it "fart out" with too much input?

Remember, lots of effects to keep the tone uh, wet.

(now has that song "Ring of Fire" going through his head)
The Zappa rendition from The Best Band You Never Heard In Your Life (disc 1) is highly recommended.

Oh and I hope you were using coated super-slinky strings ...

JMZ93 said:
I'm amazed nobody has said:

"Wow! I've always wanted to find the 'brown' sound!"

Yeah right?!?!?!? I hear ya, also I just D/P'd my Ultra! One in front and one in back. This way when I want to switch guitars I can leave the cable inserted in each one and not have to pull it out and stick it in the other one. :mrgreen:

Ive been having too much fun in the front to even think about putting it in the rear ,maybe I should give it a shot

Even though it is a solidstate device, I find that the amount of negative feedback is inversely proportional to the amount of time the unit has warmed up. Could this be the mythical "burn-in" process the audiophiles go on about?
Jay, can you enlighten us, especially on whether those gold-plated banana plugs really are superior?

Woe, careful with that crimping tool there buddy!

So glad we don't have to worry about shattered tubes now - that thar tube glass is mighty painful.

Back
Top Bottom