Ollo Headphones

Patzag

Fractal Fanatic
S4X? S4R? S5X?
I'm tempted to try a pair. How much do the S4X leak sound? And how much does one hear the ambient noise?
Anyone try both styles? All three?
I appreciate all comments and advice.

S4X? S4R? S5X?
I'm tempted to try a pair. How much do the S4X leak sound? And how much does one hear the ambient noise?
Anyone try both styles? All three?
I appreciate all comments and advice.
Hey, @Patzag I have the S4X, and it does let some sound through. Not nearly as much as my Sennheiser HD600, but some. I'd guess average -6dB attenuation? No idea how much it leaks sound to the outside, but then that depends on how loud you're playing them, too.
I am selling this pair, BTW.

Hey, @Patzag I have the S4X, and it does let some sound through. Not nearly as much as my Sennheiser HD600, but some. I'd guess average -6dB attenuation? No idea how much it leaks sound to the outside, but then that depends on how loud you're playing them, too.
I am selling this pair, BTW.
Thanks for the data.
Of course now I'm curious: Why are you selling them?

The website describes the phones as…
  • S5X: "Reference class, open back, dynamic headphones with flat frequency response for binaural/immersive mixing…"
  • S4R: "Studio recording class closed-back, dynamic headphones with enhanced clarity…"
  • S4X: "Studio reference class, open back, dynamic headphones with flat frequency response…"
When building presets and EQing I want a flat response. The S4X reviews comparing them to the S5X said that the S5X was flatter.

I love the sound of these things, and they're really comfortable for long periods. I had the Blue Mix-Fi prior to the OLLO, but they were heavy and not comfortable after a couple of hours.

The website describes the phones as…
  • S5X: "Reference class, open back, dynamic headphones with flat frequency response for binaural/immersive mixing…"
  • S4R: "Studio recording class closed-back, dynamic headphones with enhanced clarity…"
  • S4X: "Studio reference class, open back, dynamic headphones with flat frequency response…"
When building presets and EQing I want a flat response. The S4X reviews comparing them to the S5X said that the S5X was flatter.

I love the sound of these things, and they're really comfortable for long periods. I had the Blue Mix-Fi prior to the OLLO, but they were heavy and not comfortable after a couple of hours.
Thanks.
I read all that and tons of reviews.
I guess my main question is "will I get the same frequency response from the R as the X series"? I do both recording and mixing - with a greater portion on mixing, so I'm trying to decide which is going to work best for my use.
I know about mic leakage, and I've read all the "standard" answers. This is why I'm looking for first hand experience.
Thanks!

Does building presets through a modeler for live gigs fall under the category of mixing and mastering? Or is mixing and mastering strictly when leveling tracks and EQ for music production? If it doesn’t, does building presets fall under any category?

Does building presets through a modeler for live gigs fall under the category of mixing and mastering? Or is mixing and mastering strictly when leveling tracks and EQ for music production? If it doesn’t, does building presets fall under any category?
Mixing and mastering require headphones that are very accurate.

If they work for that they will be very good for creating presets, I think.

Mixing and mastering require headphones that are very accurate.

If they work for that they will be very good for creating presets, I think.
I agree. I was just wondering if “modeler preset building” has been put into a category of sound creation yet. Seems like it’d fall in line with mixing and mastering imo

I agree. I was just wondering if “modeler preset building” has been put into a category of sound creation yet. Seems like it’d fall in line with mixing and mastering imo
I'd call it either sound creation, or sound reproduction, depending on whether the preset is "out there" or is an effect and not really a pedal or amp-based sound, versus trying to replicate a specific song or amp. There's plenty of overlap between them.

Either way, the more accurately we can hear what the modeler is doing, the closer we'll come to having the final audio output being what we wanted.

Back
Top Bottom