Old Song Re-recorded and Re-mixed. Ownhammer Mesa v32 IR. S2.0. FAS MODERN & TRILIAN

justinjcm900

Inspired
Hi all,

After the feedback i got from you guys on the solo clip i posted a week ago, i decided to go ahead and re-record the entire track and share it with you.

This is actually something i wrote nearly 2 years ago and i was about to delete it from my mac, but there was still something about it that made me want to re-work it.

I hope you all enjoy it.

Any feedback is welcome...i appreciate every listen and comment you guys have to give!

Cheers

Justin

Why would you even think about deleting this (unless, you have other copies)? It rocked!

Haha, my hard drive space was running dangerously low and i was getting rid of a lot of old sessions and this was one of them. There was actually another 6 tracks that i've kept that i might re-record as well.

Thanks so much anyway, glad you enjoyed it!

Loved it. I though the solo could have stood out a bit more from the rhythm. I just got a tad buried in parts with mix being so dense. Great tones all around.

Sounds really great man! wow! I also really like the writing on this! Its a great example of how to properly combine rock and metal. If I had one suggestion it would be to add a longer tail to the snare drum as it sounds really gated. You cant hear it on most sections cause of the cymbals but its really noticeable in the softer sections. Otherwise its sweet :) Really like that part at 3:39, very nice tone you have there.

Loved it. I though the solo could have stood out a bit more from the rhythm. I just got a tad buried in parts with mix being so dense. Great tones all around.

Thanks man, appreciate that! Yeah i think you're right, i might re-upload it in the next couple of days when i get chance. To be honest i didn't do my usual checking on other mediums...car/home stereo, laptop speaker etc

Sounds really great man! wow! I also really like the writing on this! Its a great example of how to properly combine rock and metal. If I had one suggestion it would be to add a longer tail to the snare drum as it sounds really gated. You cant hear it on most sections cause of the cymbals but its really noticeable in the softer sections. Otherwise its sweet :) Really like that part at 3:39, very nice tone you have there.

Thanks very much, really appreciate comments like these!

Suggestion taken in mind...i'm always messing around with snare tones. It does actually have quite a long -ish tail but perhaps not long enough in certain sections. I think the key for this song would have been automation! I love the part at 3.39, when i tracked that i just sat back and nodded to myself with a slight grin on my face haha

when i tracked that i just sat back and nodded to myself with a slight grin on my face haha

Gotta love that feeling of when your really liking what your laying down. Its the worlds greatest high. You got a new follower :)

Yeah I dont know, the snare sounds gated or something to me especially in quieter sections. Automate that thang.

Gotta love that feeling of when your really liking what your laying down. Its the worlds greatest high. You got a new follower :)

Yeah I dont know, the snare sounds gated or something to me especially in quieter sections. Automate that thang.

Yeah man, i think it hit me more so because i knew i'd written it so long ago and revisiting it was just awesome! Wow thanks!

Well i'm not sure because the snare isn't gated haha, but i've taken on board what you've said and i'll take another listen in the session on my next day off.

are all guitars with FAS Modern? how was the bass tracked? sounds fantastic dude!

All the distortion is FAS Modern yes. All the cleans are Shiver Clean. There are different tones from these amps in the mix though because certain parts were recorded in different humbucker positions and some coil tapped (split to single coil).

Thanks man!

okay, one more question. the main distorted guitar that comes in around 0:25 - how is that so wide sounding? is that double tracked, or a slight delay being used in stereo?

Well worth working on. But the mix is to busy, like no one could take a step back for a while.

okay, now that I've listened to it on a better pair of headphones I have to ask... would you consider sharing your patch you used? I love the tones you're getting here.

Great playing man, I'm digging the song quite a lot! :) I love that chorus-y bit (first at around 40 secs or so, then at about 1:55), that chord progression is really tasty; it totally makes me think of Pink Floyd. Loving the end section greatly as well.

Sick writing!

Back
Top Bottom