Ok, you can tell me if you love this...

Thanks! Mark Day does a much better job on the solos, as I can't pick Jeff Watson's part, I tap it. What I'm doing is showing that there are great tones inside the AxeFx.

Last edited:
Rhythm tracks are Cali Leggy sim. First lead was scene 3 of my rhythm. Second solo (which is a pain in the butt with cold hands...) was done with the Spawn QR.

I can't touch Jeff Watson note for note, but i can try...

Absolutely wonderful! I used to play this with my band back in the 90's (my favorite, BTW), and I know how hard it is. Bravo!

Tough Solos.......well done!
On a tone related note...I would suggest less low end on the Rhythm guitar, it's clouding up the mix down there. And a bit more upper mids for more definition. The Splawn sounded great!

Tough Solos.......well done!
On a tone related note...I would suggest less low end on the Rhythm guitar, it's clouding up the mix down there. And a bit more upper mids for more definition. The Splawn sounded great!
Yeah, im figuring out that the tones i like to jam on by myself sound horrible in the mix. Ive had the Axe FX since October.

Yeah, im figuring out that the tones i like to jam on by myself sound horrible in the mix.
Same here........General rules of thumb that I've found.....Cut the low end, less gain than you think, and more high end than you're used to hearing coming from traditional guitar cab in the room (like a mic'd and EQ'd guitar cab would sound).

Nothing about that clip was "horrible". As a matter of fact, I would like to see that 'Splawn" preset...;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom