Ok wish me luck last chance for my CLR today with the full band

Man I just set this thing up in 4CM mode with my JVM, this is badass, those boost pad level controls killed all of the hiss, it's nice and quiet (well as quiet as a JVM is going to get)
got my JCM800 can and my rect cab hooked up was doing a little ping-pong delay, my wife thought that was pretty funny :)
I can't believe I 've never done this in 2 years of owning this unit).

That's funny because my QSC K10 is smacking my buddy's Shiva around. He constantly looking over and enjoying my tone. I have to say that I did not like the K12 with the AXE though. For me, it's all about my audience and not just me. If my monitor tone is good, but the FOH sounds so so..... I rather have it the other way around. I know for some, they have to have that good feelings to play well....

Kmanick don't take this the wrong way, but everytime my CLR aren't sounding or feeling right, it's a gain stage problem. They really need to be set when in the input level changes too much.

I know you know what you're doing, but may be worth double checking that before you go selling the farm...

Kmanick don't take this the wrong way, but everytime my CLR aren't sounding or feeling right, it's a gain stage problem. They really need to be set when in the input level changes too much.

I know you know what you're doing, but may be worth double checking that before you go selling the farm...

I'm in no rush to sell, and you never know the levels could've been moved during transportation etc. I'll take a look tomorrow

Last edited:
Man I just set this thing up in 4CM mode with my JVM, this is badass, those boost pad level controls killed all of the hiss, it's nice and quiet (well as quiet as a JVM is going to get)
got my JCM800 can and my rect cab hooked up was doing a little ping-pong delay, my wife thought that was pretty funny :)
I can't believe I 've never done this in 2 years of owning this unit).

If you go 4CM the. You can't have a direct feed to FOH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you go 4CM the. You can't have a direct feed to FOH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know,
I don't think I'm going to lug my rack around just to use a delay and a chorus though I can set up a small pedal board that would actually be easier to use.
If I take my Axe Fx to a gig I'm going to "completely use it".
I think I am just going to have to work on getting my buddy to sell me back my Fryette 2/50/2 :)

Randolfo, could you please specify, what do you mean by that? I'm also trying to get a decent tone out of my CLR and I'm getting allways closer but still too far away from what I need (a nice full and round high gain tone). Maybe this is a part of my problem, what you have mentioned. How do you check and set this gain staging? Is there some system or a method which you could recommend? Thanks!

Randolfo, could you please specify, what do you mean by that? I'm also trying to get a decent tone out of my CLR and I'm getting allways closer but still too far away from what I need (a nice full and round high gain tone). Maybe this is a part of my problem, what you have mentioned. How do you check and set this gain staging? Is there some system or a method which you could recommend? Thanks!

Here you go:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/amps-...osive-updates-w-vid-setup-backing-tracks.html

FWIW I ended up with this gig settings:

CLR with input level exactly at 12 o'clock
CLR output between 12 and 13 o'clock
AXE-FX output level usually at 12o'clock (sometimes a bit more)
Presets in the 0db mark using VU Meters (without boosts)

Works great.
Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom