OK - New amp patch from scratch for my strat

Kracked

Inspired
Alright, I've been screwin with the AFX for a few days now and think I got a lot of it figured out for the most part. I'm not an FX guy so about the only thing I'm really diving into is the amp construction. Anyway, this preset was built using the Redwire 1960A-G12Ms-SM57-CapEdge-0in impulse for the cab. The solo and rhythm tracks are the same preset, but I threw a little delay on the solo thingy to add another dimension. There is no eq on anything other than in the preset itself so you can hear it the way it is. I used my alder bodied strat with an old set of Duncan SSL1's. The amp cleans up real nice and really only starts to break up with the volume on 6 or 7 on the guitar (your results may vary).

Seeing as my ADD creeps on me continually, it's another 30 some odd second track - and no bass. :shock: Actually, I think I managed to play for a full minute this time...

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=9043686

Anyway - I attached the preset file if y'all are interested.

Cheers

Attachments

• Strat Blusion .syx
    2 KB · Views: 74
Sounds great!

I'd love to hear the difference between a stock cab and the redwirez on that patch. I haven't pursued the redwirez yet but am pretty interested. I'm just worried about where that could lead me since I'm a pretty obsessive tweaker!

Thanks dude.

Give it a twirl with the stock cab - I just really like the close mic'ing that they have on their cabs. This one is on the cap edge and seems to get a decent in-your-face kinda sound.

I figured by buying the Redwirez I'd save some time trying to dial in a sound and for 113 bucks for the whole motherload (way more than I would ever use), it was justifiable.

WoW! :shock: Dont know what I like more, the tone or the playing! 5stars. I would love to hear more of your samples if you have them.

Brewjangle said:
WoW! :shock: Dont know what I like more, the tone or the playing! 5stars. I would love to hear more of your samples if you have them.

Thanks - I'll post more as I go. I'm only on day six with this thing... My Marshalls are all huddled in the corner looking depressed :)

I like that sound! Curious which Redwirez you use the most. And I have to ask if you are using the front pickup in your strat or the lead pickup on that recording.

Back
Top Bottom