Ok I'm lost! HELP! Autoengage/Disengage Wha

GuttaLaser

Power User
Ok... i'm in with the first step! I know how engage!
BUT... HOW DISENGAGE????
(Expression pedal into the pedal in oh The AxeFX MkII)

Plz help

1) make sure you attach the pedal to "control" only....not to bypass
2) if you want the wah off when the pedal is toe down, set "off value" to 95%. if you want wah off when the pedal is toe up, leave at 5%
3) in the autoengage dropdown, start by selecting "medium position"

that should do it. park the pedal either toe up or toe down to turn it off. make sure you calibrate the pedal in the I/O > pedal page

GuttaLaser, you need to explain to us what you did so far to setup auto-engage.

uh oh... aehmm... well...
Exp1 set to PEDAL
Calibrated the PEDAL
and then in the wha control page the controller I set Exp1 and Autoengage
All the other parametres dunno what stand for :lol
i.e. the "PC RESET: on/off" and the slow/fast/middle... and the other!

anyway Chris... now I can disengage using both the 95% or 5% solution but the behaviour seems a little inconsistent and the run of the pedal (it's a cheap Proel expression/volume... used as expression) from 0 to 95% or from 5% to 100% don't give me the full wha sound and run i want (seems like the wha block is ... how can i say... in parallel or mixed with the unaffected sound). The long short: i can't really control the wha sound!

I must say that using my L6 hd500 pedalboard via midi with the AxeFx and using the onboard switch/pedal the control and the sound of the wha is perfect!

But i was trying a "light setup" with just the Axe and 1 pedal for the wha!

And you can't use a volume pedal as an expression pedal, because it doesn't have a linear taper

And you can't use a volume pedal as an expression pedal, because it doesn't have a linear taper

this pedal is an hybrid... both expression and volume with 2 separate circuit: the vol with IN and OUT jack and the expression with 1 TRS out.

It works... but not well... and I don't know if it's my fault in the setting... or It's the pedal itself.

Back
Top Bottom