Oh my GOD....

spikey

Experienced
I just got in the slightly used Ultra I bought off ebay, and the 1st thing I did was update it from 9.01 to 9.03 firmware (using the free SendSX ver 1.30), and then do a preset update, and then install the factory banks. I have never seen an Ultra before today, but it really wasnt that difficult.

I sat down and told myself that these were just presets, and to not be disapointed yet because this unit could be tweeked later to make much better....

Oh ....MY.... GOD!.....

Nearly ALL the presets sounded freekin awesome without touching a thing. I played non stop for 2 hours going from one to another, and only made it so far to #29 in bank A... :eek:

The only gripe I might have (and yea its used), is that the left input pot makes a slight audio scratching noise in the monitors when I move it back and forth ... I assume a bit of pot cleaner spray used sparingly would fix it. Theres no noise from it when sitting still...

Can you say happy camper? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I bought a high end headphone amp years ago and they said that the scratching the pots made was actually do to the them being higher end. Others have said the same thing about the Axe-fx pots. It could all be bullshit though.

The pots are DC-coupled which is why you hear a slight scratching noise when you move them. Yes, this is a "higher end" design, there are no caps in the signal path.

Back
Top Bottom