OH MY GOD - CAB block, and the little things.....

Soundcloud compresses files down to 128kbps, which is awful even for an mp3. That is less than 10% of the resolution of the original files.

Last edited:
Soundcloud compresses files down to 128kbps, which is awful even for an mp3. That is less than 10% of the resolution of the original files.

Then the difference would be more pronounced in a 'real' setting.

And, um, why use Soundcloud at all? And....how come (at least) some people's tones sound so killer on there?

Last edited:
Then the difference would be more pronounced in a 'real' setting.

And, um, why use Soundcloud at all? And....how come (at least) some people's tones sound so killer on there?

For critical comparison, I have seen folks post .flac versions of their files in dropbox.

Soundcloud is free and convenient, but does somewhat trash things for critical listening, e.g. hearing a subtle difference in an A/B.

Unfortunately the "sound" of mp3's is more and more the norm, iTunes et. Al.

And listening to .wav audio, i.e. CD format, is waning.

Richard

the difference in stens files can easily be heard even over the computer speakers, with FRFR headphones its glaring. crappy MP3 or not, I agree with his statement that a flac would only highlight the differences even more.

I don't know whether to be sad or happy, not being able to differentiate between LoRes and HiRes cabs....

I don't know whether to be sad or happy, not being able to differentiate between LoRes and HiRes cabs....

Heh heh heh heh, yeah I dunno man. I was really more just exclaming something, with the inference that it might solve some people's problems, if they weren't already set at Hi-res. Whether a crowd would hear the difference, I don't know.

Back
Top Bottom