OH Live and Loud IR's

Finnster

Inspired
I just started messing with these today and they are awesome!!

Has anyone else tried these? I am running them thru a CLR, very smooth and 4x12 "in the room cab feel"

My problem is that there are soooo many to choose from that I get caught up playing one for an hour before moving along and they all sound so good that I cant decide.

I equate it to a restaurant with a big menu......I generally prefer less choices....but I sure cant complain:)

I just started messing with these today and they are awesome!!

Has anyone else tried these? I am running them thru a CLR, very smooth and 4x12 "in the room cab feel"

My problem is that there are soooo many to choose from that I get caught up playing one for an hour before moving along and they all sound so good that I cant decide.

I equate it to a restaurant with a big menu......I generally prefer less choices....but I sure cant complain:)

Yes Started here also today with these. They give a lot of room on your sound :)
For now I stick with the SM57's always a good choice.
But sure gonna try some others too.
Anybody some good suugestios?

I downloaded all of them and am so overwhelmed with the amount of IR's, I haven't even started auditioning them yet. Having too many choices can be more of a problem!

I downloaded all of them and am so overwhelmed with the amount of IR's, I haven't even started auditioning them yet. Having too many choices can be more of a problem!

Start with the file called "Live and Loud"......gotta start somewhere.

Does anyone have the link to these Live and Loud IR's? I think I missed them at some point...

oh yeah, duh!! i see they are part of the beta redux. are there only 4 total IR's?

edit** okay, I see they are a subset of the new offerings. Haven't had my coffee yet this morning....

Last edited:

Start with the file called "Live and Loud"......gotta start somewhere.

Another subset to try is the Studio Pro Captures. These are IR's made using multiple mic's, chosen and positioned by a professional recording engineer. You can get to something similar using the single mic IR's, but this is a quicker way to good tone. It's great for someone new to IR's.

Terry.

Are you guys using the Bogner or the Recto cab versions of these? Or both?

For those that have tried both, how do you compare the 2 for say blues/rock sounds vs. metal sounds?

Are you guys using the Bogner or the Recto cab versions of these? Or both?

For those that have tried both, how do you compare the 2 for say blues/rock sounds vs. metal sounds?
I used only the Recto till now, it comes closest to my previous tubeset sound. Have to put some more time to try both. It's just what your personal taste is.

These are very good mixed with other OH IRs ; on their own, imho, they are too dark. Btw, I just did an IR shootout, with stock IRs, user IRs, Ownhammer V2 IRs, check the second video in this post : http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...14-fremen-presets-v-10-02-a-9.html#post887119
I'm currently testing new mixes based on the SM57U3 Brit-Modern 1 (from the latest Mesa 412 V30 cab) ; I've yet to find the ideal Live & Loud or back or cab IR to mix with that one to have the perfect blend of clarity and power

Just getting into FRFR after getting my Q12 and really interested in these. how do they sound? anyone used them live? Are there any other options other than the OH ones?

Does anyone know of any free "in the room" IRs out there to try?

Try any IR mixed with an IR that is recorded behind the cab. With stereo system that sounds great, but in mono it just adds mud.

OH released new Studio Mix libraries TODAY!

A collection of IRs of a 4x12 cabinet with modern resp. vintage speakers.

A very impressive list of speakers in eachy library!

Try any IR mixed with an IR that is recorded behind the cab. With stereo system that sounds great, but in mono it just adds mud.

It works really well to combine a mix IR in the new Ownhammer libraries with the corresponding room IR. Set up a stereo cab in the AxeFX 2, pan both cabs to the centre and set the level of the room IR to around 6dB lower. This adds some nice body to the tone, and gives you more of a sense that the cab is in the room.

Terry.

It works really well to combine a mix IR in the new Ownhammer libraries with the corresponding room IR. Set up a stereo cab in the AxeFX 2, pan both cabs to the centre and set the level of the room IR to around 6dB lower. This adds some nice body to the tone, and gives you more of a sense that the cab is in the room.

Terry.

Thanks for that info.

Back
Top Bottom