Offspring Smash Tour: AxeFx II Spotted In The Wild

LKnight4949

Inspired
Saw Offspring perform last night. They played their classic album Smash in its entirety.

Excellent show. They sounded incredible!

I noticed there was one single VHT amp on stage...and it wasn't even on. So of course I say, "Hmm...must be AxeFX.” So I looked around and to the right I saw the familiar green screen, tempo light blinking, and the input meters pumping. Took a short vid before we left. Definitely AxeFx.

Awhile back from mark day:

""A few weeks back Dave Friedman and I spent 3 days programming two AxeFx rigs for The Offspring. They wanted AxeFx rigs to sound like their big tube rigs.
Dexter had a VH4 to one 4x12 and a Marshall JMP1/ EL34 Marshall Power amp, G Force to another 4x12 blended. Noodles had a Egnater rack rig/Randall power amp into two 4 x12's. We had them on switching systems so they could test between the two rigs.

The AxeFx rigs had an AxeFx and Matrix power amp into their existing 4x12's. At the end they could not tell the difference and thought that the AxeFx rigs actually sounded better.

They took them to Australia and New Zealand a few weeks ago to test the rigs on a short tour. They have just ordered B rigs with the AxeFxs and we are dismantling their tube rigs. Yes it sounded that good!

Mark"

Back
Top Bottom