Official Celestion IR collection

I think it looks interesting - From what I understand, the promo code only works on one speaker package. (EDIT: Scratch that - it works on all packages)

You install them using either CabLab Lite (free software available from the FAS site) or directly using AxeManage Cabs within AX8edit

Last edited:
a number of people at TGP have downloaded some and tried them out. Consensus is they are quite good.
I tried the free one and it is good also.

I have a Marshall 412 transition cab from 1980 hat's loaded with the first gen GB12-65.
By FAR the best cab I have ever heard, those speakers sound unbelievable for both cleans
(tried Two-Rock's, Fenders and Port City) and OD (tried Marshalls, TappAmps and other high-gain amps).

I have the Ownhammer version of this (they recorded a Marshall 412 with a 1982 G65) which I really dig,
so now bought the Celestion 412 pack for 7.19USD to make an A/B comparison, both in the AX8
but also in my Torpedo Live with my amps. Excited!

I have the same feeling as you and own and use the Ownhammer IR's. I would very interested in your opinion of the Celestion IR of the G12-65. The Ownhammer IR I believe is a vintage speaker and I would guess the Celestion is a newer speaker.

Roger

I have a Marshall 412 transition cab from 1980 hat's loaded with the first gen GB12-65.
By FAR the best cab I have ever heard, those speakers sound unbelievable for both cleans
(tried Two-Rock's, Fenders and Port City) and OD (tried Marshalls, TappAmps and other high-gain amps).

I have the Ownhammer version of this (they recorded a Marshall 412 with a 1982 G65) which I really dig,
so now bought the Celestion 412 pack for 7.19USD to make an A/B comparison, both in the AX8
but also in my Torpedo Live with my amps. Excited!

I have the same feeling as you and own and use the Ownhammer IR's. I would very interested in your opinion of the Celestion IR of the G12-65. The Ownhammer IR I believe is a vintage speaker and I would guess the Celestion is a newer speaker.

Roger
I believe so too, they would be bound to use
modern, readily available, versions of their speakers for these (which in turns could affect sales of actual speakers positively).

The Ownhammer pack I have have both the vintage one from -82, amd the modern iteration of the same speaker. Will probably start with comparing the Celestine to the OH GB65-RI for a fair trial.

Back
Top Bottom