ODS100 (clean) very quiet in F18

Booomm

Inspired
I've just jumped from F15 to F18 and notice my main amp (the ODS100 clean) seems really quiet in terms of volume when compared to other amps. It's not necessarily a problem I just wondered if there was something I'm missing or is it just the way this amp has been re-modelled?

I noticed that too… although it's not really an issue for me as I commonly have the Amp Block Level set somewhere between -20db to -30db and that leaves plenty of room for the ODS to be lifted to match

There's a level knob on the AMP block you can use to increase the volume. It does not affect the overall tone of the block.

It is kind of weird when something like this changes from one firmware to another, and there isn't really a known explanation or reason. Then you add to it the context of some people having trouble with resetting amps or applying the update completely, and something like this starts to feel like it might be a bug. And if it's a bug, "turn it up" may or may not be the best advice. ;-)

It is kind of weird when something like this changes from one firmware to another, and there isn't really a known explanation or reason. Then you add to it the context of some people having trouble with resetting amps or applying the update completely, and something like this starts to feel like it might be a bug. And if it's a bug, "turn it up" may or may not be the best advice. ;-)

It's not a bug. That amp model changed significantly from V15 to V18.

It's not a bug. That amp model changed significantly from V15 to V18.

Thanks for letting us know. I remember one release awhile ago where you had paid particular attention to matching pot values and tapers with real amps, and you made it a point to say so in the release notes. So when I found volume changes or changes in tone on amps that I had been using, I attributed them to that fact. That was really helpful.

Back
Top Bottom