Odd Behavior when Scrolling Through Presets

TG3K

Fractal Fanatic
I recently set the Bank Size to zero on my MFC, so now I use the Up and Down switches to scroll through my presets. I have noticed some strange behavior with the MFC since I made the change. If I try to step through the presets quickly with single pushes of the Up or Down switches, the MFC doesn't stop where I stop. It jumps back a preset or two. In other words, if I tap quickly through 001, 002, 003, 004, 005, 006, when I stop, it'll jump back to 005 or 004. Similarly, if I hold down the Up or Down switch so the MFC can cycle through the numbers quickly, it'll jump back a big chunk of numbers. For example, I can hold the Down switch on 025 and watch the display go down sequentially from 025 to 005 or so, but when I take my foot off the switch, it'll jump back to 022 or some other random number. Has anyone seen similar behavior, or do you have any ideas what I might have set up wrong?

On a possibly related note, I've recently noticed that the MFC and Axe-Edit don't seem to talk to each other as well as they used to for me. In the past, if I hit a switch on the MFC (to turn on a chorus block, for example) while using Axe-Edit, I'd see the enabled block in Axe-Edit almost instantly. Lately though, it doesn't show up at all. I suspect there's a parameter on the MFC that I munged up somehow, but I have no idea what it might be. Any suggestions?

I think it's an issue in the way the AxeFX and the MFC communicate :
The MFC asks for new preset numbers quickly but the AxeFX reacts more slowly, so he says the current preset is the one that has been asked few seconds before to the MFC.
And the MFC always displays what is the current preset on the AxeFx...

Yeah, same issue here, and it's just the not-so-speedy nature of the communication rate between the Axe and MFC.

Thanks guys. I may end up going back to a bank size of 5. Definitely faster to jump through the presets set up that way, even though it means having to hit Reveal to use the scenes.

Back
Top Bottom