Occasional Noisy Input

frankyandreas

Inspired
Approximately 1/20 times that I plug in, I end up having a crazy high noise floor. Imagine if you will:

1) Poorly Grounded Guitar
2) Poorly Dialed Preset (too much gain/high end)
3) Pickups have lost their wax

It goes away if I unplug and plug back in, I use clean cable ends/exercise overall good judgement in regards to care of my input jack (and my unit). It also doesn't matter what patch cable I use.

It has started to increase in frequency slightly.

I realize after writing this that I should go through the customer service channel (duh), but I'm still curious if this has happened to anyone else.

Are you plugging directly in front of the AXE, or going through any pedals, etc?
I would check all cables, one at a time, and also lift the ground on anything connected to the AXE.
In our practice studio, I get 60 cycle hum from all the fluorescent lighting. so I have to lift the ground on everything.
And all my gear goes through Furman PL PLUS DMC units.
Lastly, try another guitar.

Are you plugging directly in front of the AXE, or going through any pedals, etc?
I would check all cables, one at a time, and also lift the ground on anything connected to the AXE.
In our practice studio, I get 60 cycle hum from all the fluorescent lighting. so I have to lift the ground on everything.
And all my gear goes through Furman PL PLUS DMC units.
Lastly, try another guitar.

It doesn't matter where I use it, what guitar, what cable, ground lift or not, I'll refer you to Cliff's reply. Thanks though.

Back
Top Bottom