Nylon String Guitar and Axe-Fx II (Part 2)

Nice....I have a Manuel Raimundo 630...and this preset makes it sound warm and lush....many Thanks!

Since the Dynamics parameter in the Comp block is set to 0 there is no compression or expansion coming from the Comp block only volume boost.
Set the Dynamics parameter to negative values for compression and positive values for expansion.
Nice sounding anyway.

When you are bypassing the Cab blocks since the bypass parameter is set to Thru then the guitar signal is coming through the bypassed block. You could try to set the bypass parameter to mute.

Hi Orbm1, I just pm'd you or atleast i thought i did (i clicked on your profile page and 'started a conversation' with you).
Merry xmas and look forward to your reply.

I have the same guitar and have been using a Fishman Aura pedal for nylon. This would make my life so much easier by running it through the AXE FX. Can you post the preset in the Axe-change preset area?

sounds nice, but i bet you could make it sound even better, if you ditched both cab blocks and replaced them with the tonematch block. there are lots of really nice classical guitar demos on youtube which are recorded at very good quality. if you tonematched to one of those, i think you'd be surprised at just how good it could sound

sounds nice, but i bet you could make it sound even better, if you ditched both cab blocks and replaced them with the tonematch block. there are lots of really nice classical guitar demos on youtube which are recorded at very good quality. if you tonematched to one of those, i think you'd be surprised at just how good it could sound

This is the way to do it..I tone matched Pat Metheny's nylon string on the opening of his tune "New Year" I use it with my Rick Turner Renaissance Nylon. sounds great...

yeah, if you have something on CD...even better...

i tonematched the piezos in my electric to an acoustic demo on youtube and i almost couldn't believe it...you hear the body resonance and everything. i tried some fishman aura ir's...then the acoustic body ir for a while and the tonematch beats them all by a mile

Thank you all!

I will post the preset later today. Sorry I have been busy with Christmas (music minister here).

My wife recorded a video of me using my Godin and the Axe-fx. Although the church sound did affected the overall preset, I was extremely pleased with the sound I obtained with the guitar this time around.

Here is the video (sorry for the mistakes):

I will try that later over the weekend!

Attachments

• Tone Match Godin Nylon_20151225_233028.blk
    3.4 KB · Views: 41
Something's not right with the tone matched one. Sounds like the eq needs adjusting. I'll need to play around with your presets. Thanks for posting and for your work.

@simeon , I did the tone match as I think it is done:

- I added a compressor to boost the volume of the Godin.
- found my reference, fed it via usb.
- press x to start listening to the reference, then x to stop
- press y to start listening to my reference, then y to stop.
- press match

I added enhance, eq, reverb and delay AFTER the tone match. Am I doing it right?

Now, I did look for a reference that I can play the same. Is playing exactly the same necessary? Also, there was no strumming in the reference.

That being said, I did like the tone match tone, feels a lot like a mic'ed classical guitar, but i did feel like it was "muffled".

Any suggestions on a reference tone? I'll try to do it again later.

And thank you for the encouragement @vkcarrillo !

yes, if you can find a reference that you can play, that does help. enhance, reverb and delay go after the tonematch block, yes. eq is only necessary for slight corrections. the source material is the key. it has to be well recorded and have a sound that you like. i always make sure to only use one side of the L+R pair, to avoid any phase cancellation caused by stereo micing and/or dodgy youtube audio. i'm not sure it's possible to isolate one side when using usb audio, which is why i use a mono audio cable from the headphone out of my audio interface into the axe fx. i always turn the axe down as well, to make sure the audio output is not fed back into the input (not sure if this can actually happen, but i prefer to play it safe)

Back
Top Bottom