NPGD

interesting! out of curiosity where do you set the Treble on the amps you use with your other guitars?

With the fret board that actually surprises me!, last time I spoke to Jeff quite a while ago, he and one of his guys said that they were going to start rolling the fretboard edges as I specifically asked about it.

As to the neck finnish I would think you could wipe on another coat of tung oil let it dry and buff the bejesus out of it. Maybe give Kiesel a call and see what they have to say about it.
I haven't tried dialing in anything specific on the Amp block for this guitar. I tend to dial in Treble lower than a lot of people in general because I like warmer tones.

It's really weird because the Kiesel website describes the Beryllium single coils as "warm" :)

I'm wondering if maybe it's got an atypical tone circuit...

I think when I put new strings on I will probably pull the pickguard and check the pickups and tone pot/cap.

As far as the neck finish, I am actually liking it with that bare feeling...

That's cool! I like a tad more treble in my guitars, nothing too strident as I can always turn it down in the sim or Pre EQ it out! It would be interesting to hear what you find out about the pot and cap!

I found myself copying one of my main presets that I used the most and dialing it in for a specific guitar, though not too far off the Les Pauls are bass heavy when compared to the Carvins and the Gretsch! so I have the same preset with 3 different settings in the amp sim to accommodate the different guitars.

I really like the way my Carvins play and for the most part I belive Keisel kept the CT series the same except for carbon fiber rods in the neck and the electronics and the crappy Wilkinson VS50 trem's which were the biggest shortcoming of the Carvin brand in my opinion, both of mine were completely gutted in favor of a Hipshot Trem, Wilkinson locking saddles for the CT624 (would have gone GOTO 510 but didn't want to hassle with a re post), Suhr pups, CT pots and Freeway 6 position switching on both.

On the neck finish I absolutely love the feel of a raw wood with a tung oil finish! I had never really thought about it until I bought the CT624. If I didn't really care about the resale on the Gold top or the Gretsch I would have already sanded off the finish off and oiled them down.

So I've pretty much decided to replace the pickups.

I have a full HSS set I bought a while back that was pulled from a DK-24.

The pickups are black but current pickups in the guitar are white.

I think the white works well with the overall white/pearl aesthetic... But it's probably $250-300 to get the same pickups I already have in white.

I recreated the guitar with their builder tool.

Opinions on black vs white?

2A2D0121-35B1-4592-868C-38B7DAAF6F8E.jpegC19B477A-5D61-41A1-A5E8-A8C9DAE0822F.jpegCDA6C62B-8B52-4B0A-A491-F05FDFD96809.jpeg

It's also a pretty accurate representation of the real thing!

So I've pretty much decided to replace the pickups.

I have a full HSS set I bought a while back that was pulled from a DK-24.

The pickups are black but current pickups in the guitar are white.

I think the white works well with the overall white/pearl aesthetic... But it's probably $250-300 to get the same pickups I already have in white.

I recreated the guitar with their builder tool.

Opinions on black vs white?

View attachment 133254View attachment 133255View attachment 133256

It's also a pretty accurate representation of the real thing!
Looks good just like that....

I am sure you will get lot’s of opinions, but for what it is worth, I like the black better than the white pups. I think it makes a striking contrast. Can’t go wrong either way though. Nice looking guitar. Congratulations!

The problem with the black pickups is that they would be the only black element visible from the front of the guitar. It would look a lot better if there were black fretboard markers or something to make it look more cohesive. That said, I wouldn't be willing to shell out that much money just to fix the look unless I was totally in love with the sound and feel of the guitar already. My suggestion is to swap the pickups with the black set that you already have. If that fixes the overly bright tonal issue then you can get on to deciding whether the extra money is worth it to restore the look of the guitar.

After looking a few more times - Black. No question.
Especially with the white guard. The white guard makes the purple finish pop, the black pick ups make the white guard pop.
It's a great combo.

Last night I had a thought...

These pickups came out of a DK-24. That means they were direct mounted to the body. Which means... I don't think I can use them with this guitar as the pickup tabs will have been drilled out :(

I will confirm when I get a few minutes.

Back
Top Bottom