NPGD

Nice fiddle man! I like my both of my Carvins they play really good! I visited Keisel a few years back and played on a Delos they are a nice playing guitar for sure. That top has a great quilt to it as well!

Specs?
Alder body, quilt maple top (obviously), Tung oil maple neck with medium jumbo stainless steel frets on a birdseye fretboard, 10" radius (most of my guitars are flatter but we'll see if that's a problem).

Yeah... It is their Standard neck profile, which I think is a C shape .76-.88".

Definitely not as thin as a Wizard, closer to the Charvel neck thickness. We will see when it arrives.

Edit:

And yes, Andersons and Suhrs are very, very nice!
That sounds like a descent neck profile. I absolutely love the whole Charvel, super Strat 80’s guitars. The Anderson’s are my gold standard for neck profiles, both are 50’s V-Small: .860-inch at the first fret to .920-inch at the 12th.

The Keisel is 1.68" Wide @ Nut, .794" Thick @ 1st Fret, .880" Thick @ 12th Fret, 2.22" Wide @ 24th Fret. I thought it would be OK.

I bought it sight unseen and didn’t think that neck profile made that big a difference, I was wrong. I simply adapt when playing it. The body is mahogany and it’s heavy, so it sounds great. I use weird gauge strings on it too, they are a hybrid of 10’s (G B E) and 11’s (E A D) but they sound much heavier than playing strictly 10’s.

Agreeable wifey is a great find too!

Alder body, quilt maple top (obviously), Tung oil maple neck with medium jumbo stainless steel frets on a birdseye fretboard, 10" radius (most of my guitars are flatter but we'll see if that's a problem).
Nice! the 25" scale will offer up a PRS feel under the fingers. Which pup's are loaded in it?

Nice! the 25" scale will offer up a PRS feel under the fingers. Which pup's are loaded in it?
It's 25.5" scale...

Illusionist in the bridge and Berylliums for neck and middle. I have no experience with their pickups but if I don't like them that's a easy swap.

It's 25.5" scale...

Illusionist in the bridge and Berylliums for neck and middle. I have no experience with their pickups but if I don't like them that's a easy swap.
Oh wow for some reason I thought it was a 25" scale, I must have CCT on the brain... The bridge pup from what I remember is a fairly hot ceramic type! I like the Berylliums but then again I'm more of a vintage pup guy.

Oh wow for some reason I thought it was a 25" scale, I must have CCT on the brain... The bridge pup from what I remember is a fairly hot ceramic type! I like the Berylliums but then again I'm more of a vintage pup guy.
Just checked their website - hot ceramic "with boosters", whatever that means... I suspect at least the bridge pickup will get swapped :)

Popped it out of the (very nice) soft case.

It was very close to being in tune which is positive for a non-locking floating trem guitar shipped from Michigan to California.

It looks amazing... The purple on white is very striking. And it's a pretty deep purple (smoke on the water... fire in the sky).

The neck feels comfy although I'll probably raise the action a smidge later.

The trem seems very smooth. No slop on the push-in bar and it stays in place.

Sounds and feels resonant unplugged.

At first I thought there was a small crack between the fretboard and the neck right near the nut, but on closer inspection it looks like the it's just the "seam" where the pieces are glued together.

Didn't plug it in. I just wanted to give it a once over to make sure there were no shipping mishaps.

Back into the case until Christmas!

Popped it out of the (very nice) soft case.

It was very close to being in tune which is positive for a non-locking floating trem guitar shipped from Michigan to California.

It looks amazing... The purple on white is very striking. And it's a pretty deep purple (smoke on the water... fire in the sky).

The neck feels comfy although I'll probably raise the action a smidge later.

The trem seems very smooth. No slop on the push-in bar and it stays in place.

Sounds and feels resonant unplugged.

At first I thought there was a small crack between the fretboard and the neck right near the nut, but on closer inspection it looks like the it's just the "seam" where the pieces are glued together.

Didn't plug it in. I just wanted to give it a once over to make sure there were no shipping mishaps.

Back into the case until Christmas!
You are a ninja of self control!

Keep us posted...

Congrats on your new score and a wife who knows how to keep her man happy! Hope it sounds as good as it looks and glad it arrived safely!!

Ok... I to play tonight for about 90 minutes or so.

First reaction to plugged in tones with clean-ish sounds using the single coils (where I primarily play): very, very bright!

I normally keep the tone control at 10 (or maybe a smidge under).

I ended up turning down to about 5-7 and still plenty of brightness. Most of my guitars would have the bass strings sounding very dull with the tone knob like that but not the case here.

I'm planning to put my usual strings on it tomorrow to see what affect if any that has.

The bridge pickup sounds nice, too. Well balanced with the other pickups, which I wasn't expecting.

Playability overall is very nice.

The neck is nice - maybe a little thicker than the Charvel DK-24 and a little more shoulder. I wish the fretboard edges were rolled a little.

The neck finish feels almost bare to me.

No regrets!

Ok... I to play tonight for about 90 minutes or so.

First reaction to plugged in tones with clean-ish sounds using the single coils (where I primarily play): very, very bright!

I normally keep the tone control at 10 (or maybe a smidge under).

I ended up turning down to about 5-7 and still plenty of brightness. Most of my guitars would have the bass strings sounding very dull with the tone knob like that but not the case here.

I'm planning to put my usual strings on it tomorrow to see what affect if any that has.

The bridge pickup sounds nice, too. Well balanced with the other pickups, which I wasn't expecting.

Playability overall is very nice.

The neck is nice - maybe a little thicker than the Charvel DK-24 and a little more shoulder. I wish the fretboard edges were rolled a little.

The neck finish feels almost bare to me.

No regrets!
interesting! out of curiosity where do you set the Treble on the amps you use with your other guitars?

With the fret board that actually surprises me!, last time I spoke to Jeff quite a while ago, he and one of his guys said that they were going to start rolling the fretboard edges as I specifically asked about it.

As to the neck finnish I would think you could wipe on another coat of tung oil let it dry and buff the bejesus out of it. Maybe give Kiesel a call and see what they have to say about it.

Back
Top Bottom