Now that the NAMM dust has settled, what are you getting?

hippietim

Axe-Master
For the most part my only gear interests these days are smaller and lighter FRFR, guitar synths, and the oddball effect or two. Fractal has cured me of wanting to buy a gazillion amps and effects these days. I'll see something and think it'd be cool but then think about it and realize it will never actually make the rig.

Two things stood out for me this NAMM though - 30th anniversary JEM and the Geddy Lee SansAmp. I used to have one of the original green JEMs so I had to order one of these 30th models. As luck would have it, they're doing a lefty version as well so my son is getting one (fortunately there's a bunch of time before those ship). The Geddy Lee unit sounds great from all the demos and will make a nice addition to the recording setup I've got.

I was intrigued by Synergy Amps. Their new modules have me thinking of how I might have a best of both worlds setup. Great looking gear.

Really was excited when that JEM was announced but the price....

Last edited:
After visiting NAMM for four days I have to say that nothing on guitar side excites me too much....
Amps -> well I have even too much in the Axe
Guitars -> tried a bunch of new fender "professional" and new Gibson with autotuners but I prefer what I have at home
Maybe I will be interested in some studio gear but I have to think about what I have and I don't use now before getting new ones.

The EB Paradigm strings look interesting. Might have to try a set. I stopped using EB's originally because I broke them too easily.

MAP is way lower than that and I got mine way lower than MAP :)
Ibanez Rules had them for $3600 which, yes, is lower than MAP, but is still absurdly high IMO.

I mostly have a hankering for a custom-made hollowbody from Artinger these days. But I'm starting to get a little pull towards a Suhr Classic Pro -- that HSS setup is nice and that neck is really comfy.

Back
Top Bottom