Now that the NAMM dust has settled, what are you getting?

Ibanez Rules had them for $3600 which, yes, is lower than MAP, but is still absurdly high IMO.

I mostly have a hankering for a custom-made hollowbody from Artinger these days. But I'm starting to get a little pull towards a Suhr Classic Pro -- that HSS setup is nice and that neck is really comfy.

MAP is $3499.

I'm wondering if this will up the value or lower it for the original release? I picked up the first year 777sk (shocking pink) a few months ago. The necks are KILLER, a little more like an early BC Rich than the super thin wizards of the later models.

Longtime JEM fan here, and I totally agree with all of the new JEM comments.

I've been waiting for some time to pick up a Majesty but hated the satin finish. I'll be looking into the red Monarchy one this year. Unless they issue a koa model with the bound neck AND in gloss finish (not holding my breath on that).

I'm wondering if this will up the value or lower it for the original release? I picked up the first year 777sk (shocking pink) a few months ago. The necks are KILLER, a little more like an early BC Rich than the super thin wizards of the later models.

Only a few JEMs actually had wizard thin necks. The JEMs were always a bit thicker. The latest rev of the neck is in between the old JEM and the wizard neck.
The JEMs with the wizard necks were the yellow and pink ones with vine inlays (not the original pyramids) and the black one that didn't have the regular monkey grip.

Wizards - 17mm-20mm (these days 17mm-19mm)
JEMs until recently - 19mm-21mm
JEMs now - 18mm-20mm

I've had a lot of JEMs over the years and always liked the neck profile. I was worried I wouldn't like the new profile but after playing a few they're fine. Normally I prefer chunky PRS necks but for some reason the JEM necks still feel fine to me.

I've had a lot of JEMs over the years and always liked the neck profile. I was worried I wouldn't like the new profile but after playing a few they're fine. Normally I prefer chunky PRS necks but for some reason the JEM necks still feel fine to me.
I do love the unfinished JEM and UV maple necks. They wear really nicely.

What I'm getting ? Frustrated...
I've been wishing for a Majesty for 3 years and each year I discover new incredible finishes, but I can't afford one because the importer/distributor is a stealing rapist, so even a second hand is more expensive than what is ok to pay.

On the other hand, I don't get other GAS from Namm since I don't look at amps and pedals, thanks to the black box of pleasure :)

I've been GASsing for a Tele type guitar for years, and LOVE the new Chapman ML3 Standard Traditional, in the Honey Burst they were showing off. Rumor has it, they will sell for under $500. His site's not updated yet and I thought I read somewhere they won't be available until spring.

I wants one!!

The thinnest neck of all jems- thinner than the thinnest wizard necks were the DBK, the textured black ones with the screwdriver inlays- they don't meet any of the other ibanez specs but we're released thinner than the rest.

Also $3500 is ridiculous

You're paying up front what you could dream of it being worth some day. There going to sell out then be $1500 used guitars

I was intrigued by Synergy Amps. Their new modules have me thinking of how I might have a best of both worlds setup. Great looking gear.
It's an old idea from Randall and Egnater (which I understood Synergy bought the licenses from and took it alive again).

Overall idea is nice but the price...? common.
Single module slot SYN-1 $499
Two module slots SYN-2 $799
Stereo 2x50W power amp SYN-5050 - $1199
MODULES - $399 each.
So for a 4 channel 2U setup you would pay 799 + 1199 + 399 + 399 you will end up at almost 2800$....that's a lot of money for a 4 channel stereo amp and it not even including the cabinet.
The idea is very nice but it didn’t went on success on the Randall and Egnater days so what is deferens now?

Digitech FreqOut Pedal !

The is actually a very nice way of getting controlled feedback within the Axe, look here:

Had a mild GAS-attack caused by the massive flood of NAMM-ish videos on my youtube feed. But coming back to reality and playing my Warmoth guitars through my Axe Fx I don't miss anything guitar og guitar gear-wise.

yes I know about the randall and egnater ones. Knew a few people who loved em. These seem a bit better though since they've gotten the actual designers on board. The pricing is maybe a bit steep and so I'll have to compare to just snagging some regular amps but they have mentioned some packaged deals too. I like the idea of the rack setup though. 1u stereo power amp and 1u Syn 2 (two preamps/4 channels) all 4cm with an AX8.

Back
Top Bottom