Nothing works after update

MrFlexx

I've updated my Axe FX II to v17.00 awhile ago and everything has been a pain since then. It was cracks and pops, sometimes the sounds was gone...now it's even worse...
I was about to update to v18.01 in hope to get things working again. I have the latests Fractal-Bot (updated today) First of all I can get NO sound out of the Axe-FX II unit exept from the headphones. USB = Nothing, OUT1 & 2 = Nothing
When starting up the Fractal-Bot I have to chose device, input port and output port. When this is done I can't browse the folders to point to the update files. After about 5 sec I get a pop up telling me there's a time out. In other words...Ican't select the update file and therefore I can't update my unit and the problems won't be solved. At least from this side of the keyboard. Please help me out.

How do you normally connect your Axe-Fx when you get the cracks and pops? Was it via USB? And now you get no sound at all? And Fractal Bot times out?

I'm pretty sure that is a problem with your USB cable, or computer. Try a different USB cable, and also try a different USB Port (or another computer if possible).

Hmm, I suspect you have a computer-related USB issue or a bad USB cable. Are you using any USB hubs between your Axe and your PC/Mac?
Also, you say you get no sound from Out 1/2, is this when playing your guitar or when trying to get sound from your computer out through the Axe?

How do you normally connect your Axe-Fx when you get the cracks and pops? Was it via USB? And now you get no sound at all? And Fractal Bot times out?

I'm pretty sure that is a problem with your USB cable, or computer. Try a different USB cable, and also try a different USB Port (or another computer if possible).

I connect it via USB and always have. Will try it on my other computer to see if it's working or not.

Hmm, I suspect you have a computer-related USB issue or a bad USB cable. Are you using any USB hubs between your Axe and your PC/Mac?
Also, you say you get no sound from Out 1/2, is this when playing your guitar or when trying to get sound from your computer out through the Axe?

Maybe it's so. Will get another USB cable and will also try it out on my other computer.
When having no sound from Out 1/2 it's connected via my RME Babyface.

Every once in a while I have to reinstall my drivers , don't know what happens , things just somehow get borked , but have had to a couple times in the last month , works fine afterwards ! might be worth a try ? definitely sounds like a USB issue !

I connect it via USB and always have.

Fair enough, but USB cables don't last forever and it could be that either yours got damaged, or your USB driver on your computer needs to be updated.

I'm fairly certain it is USB because you say that you can play with your headphones and everything works.

Let us know what happens!

I've updated my Axe FX II to v17.00 awhile ago and everything has been a pain since then. It was cracks and pops, sometimes the sounds was gone...now it's even worse...
I was about to update to v18.01 in hope to get things working again. I have the latests Fractal-Bot (updated today) First of all I can get NO sound out of the Axe-FX II unit exept from the headphones. USB = Nothing, OUT1 & 2 = Nothing
When starting up the Fractal-Bot I have to chose device, input port and output port. When this is done I can't browse the folders to point to the update files. After about 5 sec I get a pop up telling me there's a time out. In other words...Ican't select the update file and therefore I can't update my unit and the problems won't be solved. At least from this side of the keyboard. Please help me out.

The headphone output taps right off Output 1 so something is wrong with your sound card.

Fair enough, but USB cables don't last forever and it could be that either yours got damaged, or your USB driver on your computer needs to be updated.

I'm fairly certain it is USB because you say that you can play with your headphones and everything works.

Let us know what happens!

This. I sat through super slow updates for any of my USB capable gear. Since it was always that way, I just thought uploads were slow. Then, I was at a gig, and didn't bring my USB cable with me. Borrowed someone's cable. My uploads were 1/4 of the time. Bought a new USB cable for home, and now my uploads and backups are 1/4 of the speed I endured the first 2 years of owning state of the art gear. Not all USB's are created equally, and sometimes, they "sort of work" but not at optimal performance. Try using a different or new USB.

Now it's all working. I reinstalled the soundcard AND the USB Drivers for Axe-FX II and now it's all working. The sound, update...ALL!!! :)
A BIG thx to all of you helping me out :)

Back
Top Bottom